Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any suggestions on a pet safe product I might use?

My neighbor uses Scott's something or other and his lawn is so green and beautiful. I did buy some the other night but am reluctant to use it.

Thanks.

Sharon Reynolds

·
Registered
831 Posts
Good question
I'm also interested on finding something safe for the dogs to be around. :D

·
Registered
4,856 Posts
My DH does the yard, but he did ask someone at Lowe's and whatever brand it was they told him to put it down, water, and then once it dried it would be okay. I will try to remember to ask him what brand it was.

·
Registered
9,288 Posts
We have a company that comes out to fertilize. They say in 48 hours is will be fine or after a good rain. I'm paranoid so we water daily for a week before I let the dogs on the lawn again. I just walk them across the street to the commons to potty outdoors.

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
Originally posted by JMM@Jun 24 2005, 02:44 PM
We have a company that comes out to fertilize. They say in 48 hours is will be fine or after a good rain. I'm paranoid so we water daily for a week before I let the dogs on the lawn again. I just walk them across the street to the commons to potty outdoors.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=74966
[/QUOTE]
We have the same thing at my apartment complex. But ours says 24 hrs.

·
Premium Member
13,652 Posts
We have a lawn care company too and they say just water it in well, let it dry and it is fine. We haven't had any adverse reactions from Scooby at all. They also use a spray for the insects in the lawn and they say as soon as it is dry, like in about 2 hours, it is fine. We always stipulate that we have Scooby and they use a pet friendlier type of spray. I don't know what brand they use but there are a lot of fertilizers and bug treatments out there that are pet friendly, you just need to read the labels.

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
We're casually organic here......my husband uses a mulching mower and I spray Medina Plus twice a year to put organic stuff in the soil to make it "fluffy". Other than water we don't do anything else and our St Augustine and assorted weeds are nice and green except when the drought hits.

I also use Medina Hasta Gro when I water my plants....since we don't use herbicides or pesticides we have lots of fireflies and ladybugs and I never have to worry about Pico sniffing the ground like he loves to do.

I use Beneficial Nematodes for fleas and other larval pests. It's really pretty easy to go organic. You don't have to do EVERYTHING all at one time. Just substitute one organic treatment for one chemical treatment each season and eventually, you'll be all organic. I started with the Nematodes. Then my husband started mulching so I started spraying the Medina Plus. It just kinda grew from there.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts