Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,543 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How many of you have an LCD Flat panel TV ? How long do you have it ? Are you satisfied ? How many times did it breake down during this time ?

We had our old tv repaired and mentioned that we intended to buy a new TV and go with an LCD. He strongly recommended NOT to buy one. He said there are a lot of problems with it and they don't last. Said you are lucky if you don't have a problem in 2 years. Especially if leaving in a high humidity area. And the repairs are expensive. Same thing for plasma. We would not go for plasma anyway because of the risk of burn ins.

·
Registered
416 Posts
I asked my husband about this because he used to sell LCD tvs. A LCD TV is the same as an LCD monitor. You shouldn't have any more problems with a LCD tv than a monitor. We have had our LCD monitor for 5+ years and had no problem. The key to this is buying a good brand. It's basically you get what you pay for. Sony is probably the best, he told me its the only thing he'd buy as far as TV's go.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
My inlaws have a Sony LCD and its awesome they have not had it for very long though they got it at christmas time....but I have two computers one is mine and I will share with the hubby if I Have to but the other one is my old one and my kids use it, anyway it is old and has an LCD and we have had no problems with it...my husband works at a bank and we always get our computers thru them and it was when the LCD's first came out...

Our next tv will be an LCD. :new_Eyecrazy:

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
My husband and I have have 2 42inch plasma hdtvs from Panasonic. At first, I thought it was crazy to buy such tvs...but now my eyes are spoiled and I can not stand watching tv at the movie theater or anywhere else. I would rather watch things at home. Seriously. People think that plasma is bad because the plasma will need to be refilled in about 10 yrs (but the cost is almost like buying another one)...but seriously, after 10 yrs, aren't you ready for a new tv anyways? It's beautiful/stunning to have in your home. The sound is also incredible on this tv.

Instead of LCD, go take a look at the plasmas. Just make sure that it's not EDTV or HD MONITOR. make sure it's HD TV.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts