Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am so excited..... we have just come back from our very first walk on the lead. I have been disaparing that Keeko would ever do it. I carried him half the walk and then put him down and he did the rest. Mishka was on the first lead tight at my side and Keeko on the outside just following along on another lead (attached to me). I am soo proud of him, it will be the first walk of many many more. Hopefully he will walk on his own as well, but no matter I know it will come sooner or later now.
Not sure if it made a difference but I have been taking him up and down the yard on the lead even tho he fought it every inch of the way, and yesterday took him to some neighbours and managed to get him to walk with their children. ( he loves kids) Lots of hugs and yummy treats when he got home just now. Phew, I feel as if we just won Lotto. LOL

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hehehe yep He doesnt realise why I am walking around smiling so much.
In the walks up the yard was using a harness but today I wasnt really expecting him to walk and only clipped the lead onto his collar just so he didnt bolt on me. I have tried both in the past before and no matter if was harness or collar made of gold he wouldnt have walked.
Its a good thing they are so cute because they are such stubborn little dogs.
Most of his pics he has his mouth wide open panting. LOL partner says he looks like the village idiot when he does that. Hate to say it.. but I agree. We still love him to bits tho.

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Wonderful Kimmie !! I know your excited

I wish Puddles would walk beside me. He wants to run ahead and pull. I have worked on it, but we have a long way to go. Hubby said, well hes the boss of this house and he wants to be 1st to get there.

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Originally posted by Puddles Mom@Mar 20 2005, 12:28 PM
Wonderful Kimmie !!  I know your excited 

I wish Puddles would walk beside me. He wants to run ahead and pull. I have worked on it, but we have a long way to go. Hubby said, well hes the boss of this house and he wants to be 1st to get there. 

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=44601
[/QUOTE]

Sounds like Brink!

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just to add to my first post, its been a week now and Keeko gets really excited as soon as he sees the lead now. In fact once they are both clipped onto the leads he is racing to the door and if I arent fast enuff he is padding on the gate to go out.
If the weather holds I might try the beach again later.. but being a seaside resort we get a lot of people coming for holiday weekends and they all seem to bring pets. Great for them but I am wary of there big boys and girls near my wee babies. Still tis only another day to wait to do the beachwalk, and by then they will all be gone home back to the city

1 - 9 of 9 Posts