Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I started teaching Sydney to walk on a leash a few weeks ago...she's only 13 weeks old and she'll only walk with the leash if she can put a peice of the end closest to her in her mouth and lead herself. It is hillarious......we indulge her for now...since she's just learning and we're trying to get her used to the leash.

·
Registered
4,515 Posts
Oh that is great, she want to be in charge no matter what :lol:

·
Registered
939 Posts
That is way too cute!

Tiki will do this if I put his leash on him by the front door, but walk away to get something.... he will pick it up and follow me around until I reach down and take it, leading him to the front door.

Don't you just love it!

Judi

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
That is so funny! Caesar did the exact same thing. We started him with a collar and leash, and if we tried to walk him, he'd just sit there. If he had the other end of the leash in his mouth, he'd walk all over the place. He had my husband and I laughing so hard, it was so cute! Now we have him on a harness (works so so much better) and he lets us walk him now. It took awhile to get him to learn to walk on a leash, we had no idea you had to teach a dog how to walk a leash
. Now Caesar loves to go on walks and go to the park, he is a lil' walkin fool
. We had noticed that when we'd walk back from the grass at the park to the truck which is on gravel, that he would not move, like it hurt his feet. Well later we took him on a walk around the block and he was walking on the concrete and gravel, no problem at all. Well we headed back to the truck and there again he'd stop walking when he was on the gravel. We finally realized, he just didnt want to leave the park! It was too cute, we didnt realize how much he loved his walks! :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts