Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
13,404 Posts
I've used it for years. Yes, it works. Cosy has never needed a cleaning. Her vet checks her every year.

·
Registered
13,404 Posts
Suzan, if they're very bad you may have to start fresh. I've used it since Cosy was a yr. old so there was no significant buildup. Worth a try though!

·
Premium Member
2,077 Posts
Dr. Becker started us on Vetzlife, it's the same as Petzlife. I think it's pretty much the same as Leba III.

My 5 year old Havanese had some icky mouth going on and Izzy and Wedge were headed that way too.

She said to put the Vetzlife on a peice of gauze and rub it on the dogs teeth at night. It's working. She also has me adding biotene to their drinking water to combat bacteria in their mouths. And giving them at least one flossie or tendon a week.

·
Registered
6,246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
I think I might look into Biotene for dogs as well as Leba. Jan Rasmusen recommends Biotene and it's a little cheaper than the Leba III.

·
Registered
13,404 Posts
Suzan, let us know how the Biotene works. Leba is very expensive.

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
how do you use this stuff..do they let you spray it on their mouth?

·
Premium Member
2,077 Posts
how do you use this stuff..do they let you spray it on their mouth?

Yep, you just spray it in. Some dogs don't mind others hate it. Mine do better with the gel - they would run and hide for the spray.

·
Premium Member
2,077 Posts
Suzan, let us know how the Biotene works. Leba is very expensive.
Brit - i started using Biotene 2 weeks ago and it's making a big difference in breath and in gingivitis.

·
Registered
5,880 Posts
I am interested in the Biotene now, too! I have the Petzlife spray, but always forget to use it on a daily basis even though it's on my nightstand...

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
This is great topic.
The Vetzlife ingredients are:
VetzLife Oral care Spray & Gel are 100% natural. They have been tested by an independent lab and found to be perfectly safe for your pet's.There are no side effects and are even safe enough to use on people! The main ingredient in them is grapefruit seed extract. Here is the full list of ingredients: Grapefruit seed extract, Grape seed extract, Thyme oil, Neem oil, Rosemary oil, and Peppermint oil. These are all specially formulated with distilled water and grain alcohol to produce one of the most effective and safest dental products ever produced.

I wonder about the Rosemary and the alcohol??

I am very interested in the Biotene for Dogs, after reading about it here.
It says there are no Xylitol or alcohol in it (the one made for animals) on the website.

We really need something for my pups.
I brush them everynight with the enzymatic toothpaste but Paris
already had build up.

·
Registered
13,404 Posts
I think the human Biotene products contain Xylitol.
Cosy doesn't like the feeling of the Leba spritz and the sound but she loves the taste (I think). Leba tastes sweet.
Anyway, it works if used as directed.

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
I think the human Biotene products contain Xylitol.
Cosy doesn't like the feeling of the Leba spritz and the sound but she loves the taste (I think). Leba tastes sweet.
Anyway, it works if used as directed.
Thanks, Brit.
That is a great clarification that we should point out that we are talking about the Biotene products made for dogs.

I will edit my post to add "for dogs."

·
Registered
3,988 Posts
Suzan, I've been using Leba on Sophie for a while now. I only use the Leba three times a week, and Sophie's teeth are in EXCELLENT shape, and her breath smells like puppy breath. :wub: I'm not sure if this is due to the Leba, or if it's due to her overall health and nutrition.

And what's this talk about a retiree? Did you get a retiree??? :w00t: Details?!!

·
Registered
6,246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
This is great topic.
The Vetzlife ingredients are:
VetzLife Oral care Spray & Gel are 100% natural. They have been tested by an independent lab and found to be perfectly safe for your pet's.There are no side effects and are even safe enough to use on people! The main ingredient in them is grapefruit seed extract. Here is the full list of ingredients: Grapefruit seed extract, Grape seed extract, Thyme oil, Neem oil, Rosemary oil, and Peppermint oil. These are all specially formulated with distilled water and grain alcohol to produce one of the most effective and safest dental products ever produced.

I wonder about the Rosemary and the alcohol??

I am very interested in the Biotene for Dogs, after reading about it here.
It says there are no Xylitol or alcohol in it (the one made for animals) on the website.

We really need something for my pups.
I brush them everynight with the enzymatic toothpaste but Paris
already had build up.

I am not certain about using grapefruit seed extract internally over a long period of time. That is why I didn't use Petzlife on Nikki very often. Her teeth are fine, but the retiree has a slight issue. I'd rather not take her for a dental if I can avoid it.

·
Registered
6,246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
I think that after I get the new dog I'll check her out and see if the Biotene for dogs works for her. Jan Rasmusen seems to like the product. It's more in my price range, too.

·
Premium Member
13,437 Posts
It is working although Jodi has some minor buildup when I started. I wish I started it sooner, but it is likely keeping things minor. He tolerates taking it from the eyedropper (sprayed into the cap and then filling the eyedropper).

1 - 19 of 19 Posts