Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this morning poloris and i went on a walk but he went loose an when i tried to catch him i stepped on his legg. he is limping now and when i touch his leg he squels and bites. wat should i do. should i wait a few days and if it dosen't seem to get better should i take him to the vet/ and nothing seems to be be broken. please reply soon.

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
I would take him to the vet in a few hours if it is not better. Since it is a Friday if something is wrong you don't want to wait too long. Most vets that I know of are only opened for very limited hours on Saturdays. You could even just call the vet and see what they say.

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
i always take my dogs to the vet when their leg is hurt---its happened probably 5 times.
just get the x-rays done so you dont have to worry. and 24 hour vets charge 'up the butt', so go to your vet.

·
Registered
939 Posts
I agree.....take Polaris to the vet hand have it looked at before the weekend. When Tiki was a puppy my daughter was playing fetch with him and stood up with his toy, Tiki jumped up in the air to get it and came down wrong, yelped and wouldn't let her touch him. It was a Friday so I kept a close eye on him for the next hour or so, he wouldn't walk on it and didn't want me to touch it. We took him to the vet, he checked Tiki out, didn't do an x-ray, but said it was ptobably a sprain... gave us a mild pain pill and told us to keep him from jumping around for the weekend and if we didn't see some improvement to return on Monday. We were going out of town for the weekend so we took Tiki with and he spent alot of time resting in his Sherpa bag, by Monday he was walking on the leg and would let me touch it..... All was well and he hasn't had a problem since.

It may be nothing, but it is best to have your vet look at it.... And I have had lots of experience with the 24 hour emergency vets, very, very $$$pricy$$$ and you will still need to follow up with your own vet on Monday.

Judi

Judi

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i went to the vet today. he gave polaris a shot and gave me painkillers and yold me to come bak on monday if it dosen't get better. the vet also said that polaris' leg is probrbly not broken.

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Glad you got a good report. Hopefully some rest over the weekend will bring him back to normal quickly!!!

·
Registered
939 Posts
That is good to hear littlepaws.
When Tiki did that the shot/paid meds make him a little tired and sick to his stomach. Keep us posted on his progress and try not to worry!

Judi

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Great news! polaris is doing much better! he walking about but is using is foot gently but he does not cry in pain anymore when i touch his leg! i am so happy! but i think its still a little stiff. but polaris and i want to thank u for all the concern and advice you have given us! thanks again! so releived he is doing better. :D

1 - 16 of 16 Posts