Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello fellow maltese-lovers. Today ButterCloud somehow fell off the bed and hurt his back foot. He welped and started limping. At first, I wasnt too scared because the vet told me that dogs tend to over exaggerate/dramatize their pain. So after awhile he was fine. And then later on i picked him up and held his leg a certain way and he was welping so loudly it sounded like he was a pig being slaughtered (sorry for the graphic details). He's walking fine again, but from time to time he'll limp a little bit. Anyone ever experienced a scare like this? And also, I was massaging it and straightening it to try to help. Is that ok? He's so psycho sometimes, I BET this is going to happen again soon. Thanks for any comments you can give me

·
Registered
939 Posts
I agree with Nichole!

Last year Tiki injured his leg while playing with my daughter... I did the same thing you did; cried and worried then..... straight to the vet. The vet checked it out and said he had a bruise and or sprain. He gave Tiki an anti-inflamitory shot and told us to keep him from jumping around for a few days. He was fine in no time and I don't realy think he needed the shot. Just treat it like you would your own injury.... keep him a little more calm and watch him carefully. I am sure he will be fine. If he shows any sign of being in great pain take him to see the vet.

Keep us posted.

Judi

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
im a freak about that stuff, if they're hurting after 5 hours, i take them to the vet. one time i couldnt take her to the vet that day---i think her leg was asleep. but i was totally freaking about it.
im really psycho about it!

·
Registered
994 Posts
yesterday i was in the car with Maxi i took him to the park and when we pulled back into the house i dont know what happened but i was just about to pick him up to carry him out of the car and he let out such a yelp like he hurt his paw or something i was like oh my god Maxi i was hugging him i dont even know what happened but he was ok i think hearing him yelp like that broke my heart

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So far it's been 4 days. I sorta forgot about it because he wasn't limping anymore. And tonight, I just had an urge to jog and he was with me. I totally didn't think about his leg! He didnt limp at all. But when we got home, he limped for like 2 seconds or something. I'm going to call the vet JUST to make sure it's normal. Thanks for all your help!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts