Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Aparently Leona Helmsley's Malt Trouble got into some himself....

From NY Post's Page Six:

LEONA DOG SPOILS MEAL
April 20, 2005 -- LEONA Helmsley's pint-sized pooch, Trouble, is living up to her name. The 6-year-old Maltese, who's allowed to run around unleashed at the Room With a View restaurant at Helmsley's Park Lane Hotel, is accused of terrorizing a doggie-phobic diner.

Aladdin Atassi tells PAGE SIX that he got up to leave the eatery last Sunday because Trouble kept sniffing his legs under his table, despite his complaints to the restaurant's staff. "Then it got between me and the door and started snapping and barking at me and trying to bite me," Atassi said. Atassi, a Texan who is staying at the Park Lane with his grandmother for their annual theater trip, said he lodged a complaint with a manager. "He told me the dog's owner owned the hotel and there was nothing he could do, so I called the city Health Department," Atassi said.

This isn't the first time that tiny Trouble — who wears pink ribbons in her hair — has been accused of bad behavior. Park Lane staffer Zamfira Sfara alleged in court papers in January that Trouble "viciously" bit her and other employees. "Trouble is a loving, friendly dog," Helmsley spokesman Howard Rubenstein insisted. "I'm sorry that Mr. Atassi misunderstood the dog's effort to cozy up to him. He and his grandmother are invited to have lunch or dinner at the hotel as Leona's personal guests."

·
Registered
894 Posts
Another good example of an owner that has NOT trained their dog. The health dept should cite the restaurant for health code violations and the dog should be removed forever from the establishment. Clear example of someone in "power" thinking they are above rules and regulations because they "own the Hotel".....a paying customer should be able to have their meal without worrying about or being bothered by a dog....I don't care WHAT kind of dog it is!!

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Originally posted by Sisses Momma@Apr 25 2005, 12:51 PM
Another good example of an owner that has NOT trained their dog.  The health dept should cite the restaurant for health code violations and the dog should be removed forever from the establishment.  Clear example of someone in "power" thinking they are above rules and regulations because they "own the Hotel".....a paying customer should be able to have their meal without worrying about or being bothered by a dog....I don't care WHAT kind of dog it is!!

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=56254
[/QUOTE]

I totally agree. That's a sign of a bad owner, not a reflection on the dog. It's too bad most people don't see it that way.

I love dogs as much as the next person, but I don't want my dog begging/fussing at dinnertime...why would I want to go somewhere and pay big bucks for a meal in which someone else's dog was bothering me while I'm eating??

·
Registered
894 Posts
Sisse has her little "quirks" but one thing is for sure.......she is not allowed in the Kitchen when we are eating....She stands right on the "line" between the family room and the kitchen while we are at the table. She doesn't whine, or cause a fuss and she knows that she has to stay there until she is "invited" back in after supper!! If a dog has big problems with biting or whatever, it's the owner that's most likely to blame!! I always said when I see a misbehaved child I'd like to slap the parents!!

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Originally posted by Sisses Momma@Apr 25 2005, 12:51 PM
Another good example of an owner that has NOT trained their dog.  The health dept should cite the restaurant for health code violations and the dog should be removed forever from the establishment.  Clear example of someone in "power" thinking they are above rules and regulations because they "own the Hotel".....a paying customer should be able to have their meal without worrying about or being bothered by a dog....I don't care WHAT kind of dog it is!!

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=56254
[/QUOTE]

I totally agree
While I love my Littleman dearly if I owned a restaurant I would not let him roam about freely among the customers. First of all I wouldn't want anyone to steal him :D People go to a restaurant whether in a hotel or not to eat and relax and having a dog jumping up on them is not what they are paying for. Then there is also the part about the dog getting hurt...stepped on, tripped over,things dropped on or spilled on, what about all the things on the floor the dog can get into an swallow

1 - 7 of 7 Posts