Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
4,035 Posts
AWWW!!! I love it!! Perfect summer hair cut!! You could have her shaved totally bald and she would still be sooo freaking cute
I think I'm addicted to Lexi

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
She looks cute!

But I liked her longer coat better...

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Originally posted by tlunn@Jun 8 2005, 12:58 PM
She looks cute!

But I liked her longer coat better...

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=70568
[/QUOTE]
Yeah I like it too, but it was becoming a major pain in the a$$. She was matting so badly. I could comb her out and 5 minutes later she would have another mat. She hates having the matts combed out so it is just easier for the both of us to try and keep her in a short puppy cut.

·
Registered
6,614 Posts
Well thats a GREAT cut for when your gone because i'm sure no one will be brushing your baby.... short cuts are great... NO MATTS! hehe..

·
Registered
132 Posts
I think she looks really cute!
She's got such a beautiful tail too!

I think a short cut is for the best in the summer. We've had a terrible spring (litterally rained for three weeks straight in May, every day). We've had a few days in the past week where we could actually wear shorts, and two hot days (80 F). Poor little Angus was soooo hot! We're getting his hair cut on Sunday, so I'll have some before and after pics.

We've never used this groomer before, but I sent pics I, ahem, borrowed from Karenbabi (I asked her permission
). If it's half as nice has her cut, we'll be thrilled.

·
Registered
17,659 Posts
I'm partial to her longer cut, but she looks cute with her short 'do, too! The one thing about Maltese is how fast their hair grows. Before you know it, she'll look like her before picture!

Did you do it yourself? I know you usually do. You do a very good job.

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Originally posted by LadysMom@Jun 8 2005, 01:47 PM
I'm partial to her longer cut, but she looks cute with her short 'do, too! The one thing about Maltese is how fast their hair grows. Before you know it, she'll look like her before picture!

Did you do it yourself? I know you usually do. You do a very good job.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=70589
[/QUOTE]
No I took her to the groomers. I've actually gotten worse at doing her cuts myself. I think I'm going to go back to giving her a haircut (myself) every month. I was doing every 3 months and her hair would be too long for the clippers.

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
Lexi looks adorable!!!!!!!!! I sympathize with the matts. For a while I was trying to grow Miko's hair, but I just can't find the time to brush him as much as he would need. I think we are both happier when he is in a short cut
!

·
Premium Member
8,543 Posts
Alex's body is short like this. But I leave the legs, ears and beard long, so it is less drastic. And still helps with the matts.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I love the new look.
I too just cut my girls down for the summer and I have to say, I love the shorter hair better than the full coat. Its just easier on all of us.

·
Registered
7,621 Posts

·
Registered
2,801 Posts
Awww, Lexi looks adorable! She looks gorgeous either way!! I know what you mean about looking different! When I picked Ruby up from the groomers last Saturday, I wasn't sure if it was her or not, she didn't look like the same little puppy I've know for the last 2 months!!

Ruby's mom Martha :D

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Yep! Lexi got the same cut Pico got....except I leave the ears and mustache and beard a tad longer than Lexi's. For summer it's the best cut for him because it gets to 83 in our house before we turn on the a$r cond$t$oner.

I got him one of those canine cooler beds, too. Hasn't arrived yet so I don't know if he's going to appreciate it or not. We'll see.

Lexi does have a gorgeous tail! So thick and I love the way it fans out over her booty.

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Originally posted by Pico's Parent@Jun 8 2005, 03:07 PM
Yep!  Lexi got the same cut Pico got....except I leave the ears and mustache and beard a tad longer than Lexi's.  For summer it's the best cut for him because it gets to 83 in our house before we turn on the a$r cond$t$oner.

I got him one of those canine cooler beds, too.  Hasn't arrived yet so I don't know if he's going to appreciate it or not.  We'll see.

Lexi does have a gorgeous tail!  So thick and I love the way it fans out over her booty.

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=70618
[/QUOTE]
I had her cut the ears short because Lexi's friends like to bite at them and they seem to matt when they are longer. I will let them grow for a few months and then trim them. I can never make up my mind on what cut I like for her ears.

As for her tail...I think the groomer trimmed it a little! I forgot to tell her not to cut it. It seems a little shorter. Maybe it is just because her body fur is shorter. I don't know. I will have to look at it again tonight.

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
Originally posted by Lexi's Mom+Jun 8 2005, 04:19 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-Pico's Parent
@Jun 8 2005, 03:07 PM
Yep!  Lexi got the same cut Pico got....except I leave the ears and mustache and beard a tad longer than Lexi's.  For summer it's the best cut for him because it gets to 83 in our house before we turn on the a$r cond$t$oner.

I got him one of those canine cooler beds, too.  Hasn't arrived yet so I don't know if he's going to appreciate it or not.  We'll see.

Lexi does have a gorgeous tail!  So thick and I love the way it fans out over her booty.

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=70618
I had her cut the ears short because Lexi's friends like to bite at them and they seem to matt when they are longer. I will let them grow for a few months and then trim them. I can never make up my mind on what cut I like for her ears.

As for her tail...I think the groomer trimmed it a little! I forgot to tell her not to cut it. It seems a little shorter. Maybe it is just because her body fur is shorter. I don't know. I will have to look at it again tonight.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=70624
[/B][/QUOTE]

I cut chelsy down like that last night , I only left her top knot and ears. Lexi is very cute

1 - 20 of 21 Posts