Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is a picture of seat belt restraint:

I got the black belt thing at PetsMart for $8.50. I got the metal thing at Babies 'R Us for like $3. It is in car seat section.

·
Registered
6,614 Posts
oh man... if Kodie was on one of those he would be flying all around the back seat!!
haha.. hes so light!
My sister has that though for her pug.

·
Registered
4,035 Posts
I use a similar one with this vest harness only because Peanut is so small I was afraid his regular harness would hurt him in a sudden stop. You can also just put the car seat belt through the back of the harness, but that forces him to sit up and I know he likes to sleep in the car

·
Registered
17,659 Posts
Lady's Easy Rider goes through the shoulder harness so she can lie down and get comfortable. The shoulder harness only locks upon impact or during a sudden stop. I researched safety harnesses before I got mine. The Easy Rider and another one I can't remember now were rated the best. Fortunately, we haven't had to test it out yet!

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Originally posted by littlepeanut@Jun 8 2005, 03:10 PM
I use a similar one with this vest harness only because Peanut is so small I was afraid his regular harness would hurt him in a sudden stop.  You can also just put the car seat belt through the back of the harness, but that forces him to sit up and I know he likes to sleep in the car

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=70619
[/QUOTE]
That is nice! Where did you get it?

·
Registered
4,035 Posts
Originally posted by LadysMom@Jun 8 2005, 04:16 PM
Lady's Easy Rider goes through the shoulder harness so she can lie down and get comfortable. The shoulder harness only locks upon impact or during a sudden stop. I researched safety harnesses before I got mine.  The Easy Rider and another one I can't remember now were rated the best. Fortunately, we haven't had to test it out yet!
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=70621
[/QUOTE]
I read that the Easy Rider was the only seatbelt harness that was approved by some organization or another, but I can't find one small enough for Peanut. He has a really small frame. It does sound good though

·
Registered
4,035 Posts
Originally posted by Lexi's Mom+Jun 8 2005, 04:17 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-littlepeanut
@Jun 8 2005, 03:10 PM
I use a similar one with this vest harness only because Peanut is so small I was afraid his regular harness would hurt him in a sudden stop.  You can also just put the car seat belt through the back of the harness, but that forces him to sit up and I know he likes to sleep in the car

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=70622
[/B][/QUOTE]
I got it at my vet's office. It's a little expensive there, but they support local shelters so I figured it was better than hunting all around for it somewhere else. If you can't find one I can try to pick one up at the vet's (I only live 10 minutes from there and I would use any excuse to go back and buy more doggie stuff
)

Oh just kidding! The price at the vet is the same as they have listed on the website I linked. $25 for the extra small(under 15 lbs)

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Originally posted by littlepeanut+Jun 8 2005, 03:21 PM-->
Originally posted by Lexi's [email protected] 8 2005, 04:17 PM
@Jun 8 2005, 03:10 PM

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=70622

[/QUOTE]
I got it at my vet's office. It's a little expensive there, but they support local shelters so I figured it was better than hunting all around for it somewhere else. If you can't find one I can try to pick one up at the vet's (I only live 10 minutes from there and I would use any excuse to go back and buy more doggie stuff
)
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=70625
[/B][/QUOTE]
haha! Let me think about it. Right now June has been an expensive month so I should probably want a month or two. I need to stop buy stuff. Jeeze! Trip to San Diego, wireless router & card, mini printer server, cable internet, saving for a new puppy, etc.

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
Originally posted by Lexi's Mom@Jun 8 2005, 02:39 PM

I got the black belt thing at PetsMart for $8.50.  I got the metal thing at Babies 'R Us for like $3.  It is in car seat section.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=70584
[/QUOTE]

We had one of those for chester and it worked great . Some how we lost it.

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Originally posted by Chelsey+Jun 8 2005, 03:38 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-Lexi's Mom
@Jun 8 2005, 02:39 PM

I got the black belt thing at PetsMart for $8.50.  I got the metal thing at Babies 'R Us for like $3.  It is in car seat section.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=70584
We had one of those for chester and it worked great . Some how we lost it.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=70630
[/B][/QUOTE]
Yeah I lost the one that came with Lexi's car seat. So far I have just left this one attached to the seat belt. That way I can't lose it.

·
Registered
841 Posts
Oh my does everyone use a seat belt. I know its mad but Summer likes to ride right in my lap
Iknow I know :eek: I like the looks of the one you have will have to try it, she sleeps most of the time she 's in the car.

·
Registered
499 Posts
Originally posted by littlepeanut@Jun 8 2005, 04:10 PM

[/QUOTE]
I use the vest harness to secure my boys in the car too! I love it, I feel more secure when they are wearing it, I think it protects them better than a regular harness in a sudden stop. (hoping, anyway)
Quincymom

·
Registered
4,035 Posts
Originally posted by Quincymom+Jun 15 2005, 05:58 AM-->
@Jun 8 2005, 04:10 PM

I use the vest harness to secure my boys in the car too! I love it, I feel more secure when they are wearing it, I think it protects them better than a regular harness in a sudden stop. (hoping, anyway)
Quincymom
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=72754
[/B][/QUOTE]
That's what I'm hoping too. I was just thinking about how people can get cuts and bruises from their seatbelts, and I thought a regular harness could possibly hurt the boys like that too. Maybe I'm too paranoid, but I would never forgive myself if I caused the boys to get hurt

1 - 15 of 15 Posts