Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4,035 Posts
I use a similar one with this vest harness only because Peanut is so small I was afraid his regular harness would hurt him in a sudden stop. You can also just put the car seat belt through the back of the harness, but that forces him to sit up and I know he likes to sleep in the car

·
Registered
17,659 Posts
Lady's Easy Rider goes through the shoulder harness so she can lie down and get comfortable. The shoulder harness only locks upon impact or during a sudden stop. I researched safety harnesses before I got mine. The Easy Rider and another one I can't remember now were rated the best. Fortunately, we haven't had to test it out yet!

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Originally posted by littlepeanut@Jun 8 2005, 03:10 PM
I use a similar one with this vest harness only because Peanut is so small I was afraid his regular harness would hurt him in a sudden stop.  You can also just put the car seat belt through the back of the harness, but that forces him to sit up and I know he likes to sleep in the car

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=70619
[/QUOTE]
That is nice! Where did you get it?

·
Registered
4,035 Posts
Originally posted by LadysMom@Jun 8 2005, 04:16 PM
Lady's Easy Rider goes through the shoulder harness so she can lie down and get comfortable. The shoulder harness only locks upon impact or during a sudden stop. I researched safety harnesses before I got mine.  The Easy Rider and another one I can't remember now were rated the best. Fortunately, we haven't had to test it out yet!
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=70621
[/QUOTE]
I read that the Easy Rider was the only seatbelt harness that was approved by some organization or another, but I can't find one small enough for Peanut. He has a really small frame. It does sound good though

·
Registered
4,035 Posts
Originally posted by Lexi's Mom+Jun 8 2005, 04:17 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-littlepeanut
@Jun 8 2005, 03:10 PM
I use a similar one with this vest harness only because Peanut is so small I was afraid his regular harness would hurt him in a sudden stop.  You can also just put the car seat belt through the back of the harness, but that forces him to sit up and I know he likes to sleep in the car

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=70622
[/B][/QUOTE]
I got it at my vet's office. It's a little expensive there, but they support local shelters so I figured it was better than hunting all around for it somewhere else. If you can't find one I can try to pick one up at the vet's (I only live 10 minutes from there and I would use any excuse to go back and buy more doggie stuff
)

Oh just kidding! The price at the vet is the same as they have listed on the website I linked. $25 for the extra small(under 15 lbs)

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Originally posted by littlepeanut+Jun 8 2005, 03:21 PM-->
Originally posted by Lexi's [email protected] 8 2005, 04:17 PM
@Jun 8 2005, 03:10 PM

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=70622

[/QUOTE]
I got it at my vet's office. It's a little expensive there, but they support local shelters so I figured it was better than hunting all around for it somewhere else. If you can't find one I can try to pick one up at the vet's (I only live 10 minutes from there and I would use any excuse to go back and buy more doggie stuff
)
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=70625
[/B][/QUOTE]
haha! Let me think about it. Right now June has been an expensive month so I should probably want a month or two. I need to stop buy stuff. Jeeze! Trip to San Diego, wireless router & card, mini printer server, cable internet, saving for a new puppy, etc.

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
Originally posted by Lexi's Mom@Jun 8 2005, 02:39 PM
Here is a picture of seat belt restraint:

I got the black belt thing at PetsMart for $8.50.  I got the metal thing at Babies 'R Us for like $3.  It is in car seat section.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=70584
[/QUOTE]

We had one of those for chester and it worked great . Some how we lost it.

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Originally posted by Chelsey+Jun 8 2005, 03:38 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-Lexi's Mom
@Jun 8 2005, 02:39 PM
Here is a picture of seat belt restraint:

I got the black belt thing at PetsMart for $8.50.  I got the metal thing at Babies 'R Us for like $3.  It is in car seat section.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=70584
We had one of those for chester and it worked great . Some how we lost it.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=70630
[/B][/QUOTE]
Yeah I lost the one that came with Lexi's car seat. So far I have just left this one attached to the seat belt. That way I can't lose it.

·
Registered
841 Posts
Oh my does everyone use a seat belt. I know its mad but Summer likes to ride right in my lap
Iknow I know :eek: I like the looks of the one you have will have to try it, she sleeps most of the time she 's in the car.

·
Registered
499 Posts
Originally posted by littlepeanut@Jun 8 2005, 04:10 PM

[/QUOTE]
I use the vest harness to secure my boys in the car too! I love it, I feel more secure when they are wearing it, I think it protects them better than a regular harness in a sudden stop. (hoping, anyway)
Quincymom

·
Registered
4,035 Posts
Originally posted by Quincymom+Jun 15 2005, 05:58 AM-->
@Jun 8 2005, 04:10 PM

I use the vest harness to secure my boys in the car too! I love it, I feel more secure when they are wearing it, I think it protects them better than a regular harness in a sudden stop. (hoping, anyway)
Quincymom
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=72754
[/B][/QUOTE]
That's what I'm hoping too. I was just thinking about how people can get cuts and bruises from their seatbelts, and I thought a regular harness could possibly hurt the boys like that too. Maybe I'm too paranoid, but I would never forgive myself if I caused the boys to get hurt

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.