Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm a newbie and I need to know if this is normal. Mushu licks his private area AND his paws practically all the time! Is that normal? Should I spray chew stop on it to stop him?

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
Hi DiDi,

No, that isn't normal at all. He could be bored or have an infection, itch, allergy, etc. I'd take him to the vet.

·
Registered
4,515 Posts
licking his paws sounds alot like an allergy but not sure about the private area, I would run him to the vet

·
Premium Member
13,652 Posts
Yes I would take him to the vet as he could have an infection that is irritating him in his private area. Scooby licks his paws off and on but I have noticed it more after his grooming session when he has his claws trimmed mostly and it is usually his back ones.

·
Registered
3,010 Posts
Abbey licks her paws after she's been outside to potty. The vet doesn't think it's allergies. Abbey is just alittle miss priss ~ she hates to be dirty!
Check with your vet next time you're there though. I think Abbey is just a licker! She licks us constantly even though I try to keep her from licking me (I can't stand it). Let us know what the vet says.

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Rex finally quit licking his whole body! I thought he was part cat. It turns out he is allergic to the grass...no grass...no licking! He is on antihistimines now as well to get him through the allergy season.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts