Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
949 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Many times a day I seem to find myself with the same thought.

WHAT DID I DO ALL DAY BEFORE DIXIE ARRIVED???

Well, I managed to clean my house, run errands, cook gourmet meals,etc. etc. Now I spend most of the day in an untidy home making baby talk while laying in the middle of the kitchen floor with this little fur ball :D Adding Dixie to our home has been wonderful. We play all day and she makes me laugh. had I known these little fur babies were so sweet, I would have gotten one years ago. I am so in love with this little turkey! She is just too cute for her own good. Even after peeing all over my house.
Just thought I would share....

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
Awww, welcome to the wonderful world of Maltese!! Yes, I think most all of us can identify.... Some weekends I don't even leave the house because I hate to leave K & C and it is just so neat to be here with them all day. This morning I was lying in bed just before time to get up and Catcher was on one side all curled up next to me and Kallie was on the other with her head under my neck.... I could have stayed in that position for hours, it was just heaven!

I'm so glad you're enjoying Dixie so much!!

·
Registered
514 Posts
Yup, Tyler is just the cutest thing even though he can be a pain sometimes, but who cares? Real brothers are like that right? Lol. Yesterday I woke up and Tyler was right in my face, looking into my eyes. It's good to know that you're having a great time with your Dixie.

·
Registered
4,035 Posts
These little ones will do that to you! :D Everyone thinks I'm a nut because I am always thinking about my boys. They are sooo addicting

·
Registered
6,614 Posts
Originally posted by Kallie/Catcher's Mom@Aug 2 2005, 01:37 PM
Awww, welcome to the wonderful world of Maltese!! Yes, I think most all of us can identify.... Some weekends I don't even leave the house because I hate to leave K & C and it is just so neat to be here with them all day. This morning I was lying in bed just before time to get up and Catcher was on one side all curled up next to me and Kallie was on the other with her head under my neck.... I could have stayed in that position for hours, it was just heaven!

I'm so glad you're enjoying Dixie so much!!
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=86665
[/QUOTE]
ditto
I did that this morning too..

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Don't know what I did before Lacey...clean the house, go out to dinner, go on vacation, have a real conversation with my husband.

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
The real point is that I never want to find out what life is like without my Teddy...my life with him is so wonderful. What a sweet sweet addition to my life.

Susan

·
Premium Member
949 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Originally posted by Laceys mom@Aug 2 2005, 01:53 PM
Don't know what I did before Lacey...clean the house, go out to dinner, go on vacation, have a real conversation with my husband.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=86691
[/QUOTE]
the conversation part is so true!!!

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
I've said it before and I'll say it again
... I'd be in the "looney bin" if it weren't for K & C.... Since I am the only human in my house, I would be so lonely "rattling" around in my house without them to talk to, play with, cuddle with, etc.

·
Registered
17,659 Posts
BEFORE I WAS A DOG MOM

[Author Unknown]

Before I was a Dog Mom: I made and ate hot meals unmolested; I had unstained, unfurred clothes; I had quiet conversations on the phone, even if the doorbell rang.

Before I was a Dog Mom: I slept as late as I wanted and never worried about how late I got to bed . . . or if I could get into my bed.

Before I was a Dog Mom: I cleaned my house everyday, I never tripped over toys, stuffies, chewies, or invited the neighbor's dog over to play.

Before I was a Dog Mom: I didn't worry if my plants, cleansers, plastic bags, toilet paper, soap or deodorant were poisonous or dangerous.

Before I was a Dog Mom: I had never been peed on, pooped on, drooled on, chewed on, or pinched by puppy teeth.

Before I was a Dog Mom: I had complete control of my thoughts, my body and my mind. I slept all night without sharing the covers or pillow.

Before I was a Dog Mom: I never looked into big, soulful eyes and cried. I never felt my heart break into a million pieces when I couldn't stop a hurt. I never knew something so furry and four-legged could affect my heart so deeply.

Before I was a Dog Mom: I had never held a sleeping puppy just because I couldn't put it down. I had never gotten up in the middle of the night every 10 minutes to make sure all was well. I didn't know how warm it feels inside to feed a hungry puppy. I didn't know that something so small could make me feel so important.

Before I was a Dog Mom: I had never known the warmth, the joy, the love, the heartache, the wonderment, or the satisfaction of being

A Dog Mom ~

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
Originally posted by LadysMom@Aug 2 2005, 03:36 PM
BEFORE I WAS A DOG MOM

[Author Unknown]

Before I was a Dog Mom: I made and ate hot meals unmolested; I had unstained, unfurred clothes; I had quiet conversations on the phone, even if the doorbell rang.

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=86709
[/QUOTE]

It's all sooooo true!! Thanks for posting that.....

·
Registered
860 Posts
I have to agree with everybodies comments to. I can't imagine living without a maltese in my home. I talk to mine like they are human. I wake up wondering where they are if one is not where they are suppose to be we just sleep with at least 6 an sometimes even 8 they all have there places to thank goodness for a king size bed room for all of us an one cat. I don't know how I ever lived without a maltese before I got my first one. They are the love of my life an my sunshine that shines on me everyday.
Teaco

·
Premium Member
13,652 Posts
Well in my lifetime I have been truly blessed with the loyal and unconditional love of three wonderful companions before considering a Maltese.
I had two female Dobermans consecutively and they were both wonderful loving friends. After their passing I decided on a Rottweiler at the request of my son. I have to say he was the greatest most loving and loyal friend as well. He was so gentle for such a huge boy, yet so very protective of his family. After losing him at the age of ten I thought I could never love another dog. It was much later that a friend suggested I try a smaller dog, more as a lap dog and companion so I decided to adopt a little Maltese x Shih Tzu. Alfred is pure white and adorable and he won my heart in no time at all. He now lives back in Australia with my daughter and grandson. The love between him and my grandson is immeasurable and there is no way I could have separated them to bring Alfred here to the US.
Almost two years ago hubby and I decided we would like to share our love with a Maltese so now we have Scooby Doo. Now I have to say that in this one little bundle of white sweet soft fur is all of those previous friends. I could never imagine life now without his beautiful loving presence. Hubby was a little averse to having a foo foo dog as he is the macho male who would probably consider a larger breed as more of his type of companion. Well let me tell you all that this little guy has won his heart with his demanding, playful, loving and don't worry I will protect you and mum personality. He is such a little character, cheeky yet observant, mischievous yet loyal and loving and his perceptivness is incredible. We both love him with all our hearts and rarely go anywhere without considering taking him along too. We just can't bear to be away from him for any length of time and if we do have to leave him to go somewhere he is the topic of conversation everywhere we go and it is hubby who tells everyone about his little pal and that he has to go because he can't leave him alone for too long.
The love and warmth that this little guy has brought into our home can never be measured because it is enless and unconditional.

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
After my poor yorkie CeCe of 14 1/2 yrs passed on we decided to add a Maltese to our house. That was the best thing I have done. She has brought of so much love and affection to us. Its funny at first my husband kinda didn't want a white little dog. Well, let me tell ya he loves Peechie. He's always picking her up. When we go to the store he takes his time to pick out the perfect toy for her. I'm like a cucu always talking about her. Thats why I go in sm so much.

Peechie's Mom - Karen

1 - 17 of 17 Posts