Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, gang. What's up with Lizzie? It's like she's a completely different dog now. She has completely turned her behavioral problems around within a very short span of time - I've never seen anything like it. Maybe all of the stuff we've been teaching her and training her has just suddenly clicked for her.

She will now do the following on command:
1. Sit.
2. No (stop something she's doing).
3. No biting (when told).
4. Come.
5. Drop (whatever's in her mouth).
6. "Keep away" isn't as much of an issue.
7. If she just has to poop and can't wait to go outside, she only does it in the laundry room on the lineoleum.
8. She's more relaxed and will actually sit still and relax with us instead of driving us insane by jumping in our faces, biting our earlobes, barking -- well, you get the idea.

Now, either all of you wonderful people on this site have been praying for Lizzie, or something just clicked in her devious little mind. Whatever the case, THANK YOU for your support, and we are thoroughly enjoying her now!! (You don't think it's possible she's been reading my "I can't take it anymore," post, do you??)

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
SpottyPoo~I'm so happy for you and Lizzie!! I can "read" the love you have in your heart for her. It sounds like you are bonding with her and she's loving you back because she wants to please you. These babies are so dang smart-I think she might have sensed the unhappiness you felt with her and now she feels your love. That's so awesome-so many friends gave you really good advice-this site is wonderful-and Lizzie is wonderful too!

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
GO LIZZIE!

I am so proud and happy for the both of you! Keep it up Lizzie...you will completely win her over in no time at all!

Glad we could help Spottypoo!

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
That is so awesome! All that hard work paid off! I'm very happy that you 2 are getting along! Keep it up! She sounds very, very smart! Kisses to lil Lizzie!

·
Registered
363 Posts
We are so happy for you. See, a little patience has paid off. You will be so glad that you stuck by her and didn't give her up. She wil bring you so much joy. Take care.

·
Registered
894 Posts
You bet we have all been praying, for Lizzie and for you and your family!! I truly believe that a change in the way YOU feel about her has helped in calming her down a little bit.

Once again, thank I thank everyone on SM for their support and kinds words when someone enters a thread of this nature. Be thankful you didn't enter this thread on the "other" maltese site, you would of been crucified over it. Everyone here is so supportive. We truly are like a family (dysfunctional on a few occasions) but a real family. We worry about each other, our babies and for those few I have occasion to PM, we support each during good times and bad.

Congratulations on your new found love for Lizzie, and congratulate Lizzie for us on her new manners!!! Your a great Momma!!

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
Wonderful News. Sometimes we are just in need of an adjustment...sounds like either you or your little one had one. Glad you are both doing wonderfully together.

S

·
Registered
514 Posts
All I can say is...congratulations Lizzie! I didn't read the "I can't take it anymore" post, but I do pray for the the dogs to be good and healthy!

CONGRATS!

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
This is fabulous news! I am so happy for you and Lizzie! She must have just been at the point of crossing the critical threshold when you felt that you just couldn't take it anymore. Sylphide was a monster until she hit just past six months--she's still hyper sometimes, but has long periods of calm and really listens. Sounds like Lizzie is there
You deserve huge kudos for hanging in there, putting forth the effort, and making the connection

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Okay, two days ago I was ready to sell her to the circus!!
But something has happened again -- it's almost like we've bonded a little bit closer than before. She's a hoot to play with/watch!! And she is actually minding me better -- that always helps!!

So, is it normal to have this ready to strangle/love to pieces feeling with this breed? She certainly is exhausting at times...

1 - 20 of 28 Posts