Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I think it would be awesome to have a like or thank button, or both. Sometimes I would like to show someone that I agree or that they made me lol but posting lol or I agree is a tad silly and makes me feel like I am just trying to up my post count even though I dont have much to say :)

·
Premium Member
120 Posts
"I agree. LOL"

(Looks like we've been spending way too much time on FB & it's rubbing off.)

I feel badly when I read that a member is disappointed, or even upset, that only some of their friends have commented on one of their posts. But I'm like you and, although I read their posts, I often do not reply.

Sometimes it's that I just cannot find enough time to keep up w/all the threads -- especially the very lengthy ones. But the forum has been working well this way for a long time. So I'll just keep reading & grinning & nodding my head & hoping the OP will know I care even though I don't say a word.
:shy:

·
Premium Member
10,616 Posts
I agree. Sometimes I just don't feel like "talking." However, if we only nod in agreement the thread will soon go bye bye. So, even if we just do a quick reply, the thread stay alive.

·
Premium Member
10,171 Posts
"I agree. LOL"

(Looks like we've been spending way too much time on FB & it's rubbing off.)

I feel badly when I read that a member is disappointed, or even upset, that only some of their friends have commented on one of their posts. But I'm like you and, although I read their posts, I often do not reply.

Sometimes it's that I just cannot find enough time to keep up w/all the threads -- especially the very lengthy ones. But the forum has been working well this way for a long time. So I'll just keep reading & grinning & nodding my head & hoping the OP will know I care even though I don't say a word.
:shy:
I have been having such mixed emotions about posting. I have tried so hard to keep up with the threads on both FB and SM.

What kind of bothers me is feeling as though I have to repeat the same responses here or on FB with friends who post on both sites. I care and want to support my friends who need us when they are feeling down ... and, I want to join in celebrating the happy moments with friends, too. However, if I miss posting on FB or SM ... then, it might appear as though I don't care ... when I do.

I'm missing a lot on FB because I think a lot of FB friends have catagorized close friends, etc. And, I find that kind of insulting. Either you are my friend or not. And, if I am not on your top list of friends ... then I miss a lot of what is going on in your life ... and, feel bad if I wanted to offer support or celebrate.

I have tried to be considerate and not send too many threads at one time. Even for pictures. I like to see everyone have a chance to see their threads read and perhaps then receive a few more responses. If there is an abundance of threads every day ... then even new threads tend to get lost.

I wish I had time to post more ... but, often I just don't have the time to keep up with so many threads. I do love reading the threads and learning so much about our Maltese on SM.

I apologize for rambling on about my thoughts here. Gotta go ... doctor appointment!

·
Premium Member
120 Posts
I'm missing a lot on FB because I think a lot of FB friends have catagorized close friends, etc. And, I find that kind of insulting. Either you are my friend or not. And, if I am not on your top list of friends ... then I miss a lot of what is going on in your life ... and, feel bad if I wanted to offer support or celebrate. QUOTE]

Every day I read my FB feed which includes ALL my friends' posts. I don't "hide" any of them. Then I check my four "groups" (Family, Neighbors, School & Maltese), just in case FB hid a few posts. (I hate that FB decides what's "important" to me.)

I like both sites & I post on both sites. But I do post MORE of my PERSONAL life on FB. Plus, there's no limit as to the number of messages I can send or photos I can upload. So go ahead & "friend me" on FB. You'll find me under Bobbi Spiker Conley, using the same profile pic. Then we can "like" each other's posts to our hearts content. ;)

·
Premium Member
15,201 Posts
In another forum I am in, they have that option. Oh how much I love it. It is so useful.

I thought of contacting Yung to consider somethin like it for SM ... And also follow up in the mobile app progress, but I've been so busy that I didn't take the moment to ask. Now that you posted this, I can easily forward the link :D

Thanks;)

·
Registered
4,057 Posts
I think the "like" button on Facebook is such a shortcut. It doesn't take much time to post a short response, and I feel like it shows someone really cares.

·
Premium Member
4,143 Posts
:clap: I think that would be a great idea, but I really want the App so I can upload pics easily from my iPad .

·
Premium Member
15,201 Posts
but I really want the App so I can upload pics easily from my iPad .
keep an eye for the official announcement thread for its launch in the next 6 to 8 weeks. I can't believe that the app is almost here, and am excited for this :chili:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts