Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Martini jumped off my new bed yesterday which is a little higher than my old one and immediately yelped and lifted his leg. He started to limp and I got really worried but as the day passed on he started walking normal again with just a slight limp. this morning when I took him out for his walk he was still limping a little bit but not too bad.

I have an appointment with the vet this afternoon just to make sure everything is ok but I'm at work right now and time can not go by fast enough. Maybe i'm being a big worry wort but he's never limped before and the only thing I can think of is he broke his leg :-(

I've been calling around for xray prices in case they are necessary and the best price I could find was $95. Some places were charging up to 350 for just 2 xrays!!! I hope all is ok :-/

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
I would definitely invest in a flight of steps or a ramp. My girls ( even Emma) use steps for the bed and the sofa. Something to think about anyway.

·
Premium Member
4,785 Posts
Yes to the steps... very important for a Malt to get off the bed using steps. My friend even has one beside her couch.
Martini's knee probably went out so take it easy and get some steps or a stool.
Let us know what the Vet says.

·
Registered
9,288 Posts
It is unlikely to be broken if he is putting weight on it. General prices depend on your locality. Where I live in TN you can get 2 view x-rays for under $100. In Northern VA it would be more like $200. Digital x-rays also cost more because the equipment is very expensive.

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Oh no, I hope he's ok and it's nothing too serious! We have steps all over the house, but Jack still loves to jump up and down. My princess Jill uses the steps because she's civilized :)

·
Registered
903 Posts
if he is trying to bear weight on it hopefully he will be okay...maybe just a pulled muscle....we use stairs also...I am afraid she will tear a ligament/break a bone...if she jumps off of something....

·
Registered
4,714 Posts
We're going through a very similar issue with Tchelsi right now. The vet said if Tchelsi is putting any weight on the leg at all, then there probably aren't any broken bones. In Tchelsi's case, the doc thinks she has some arthritis in her shoulder, and that she probably strained a muscle the other night while playing.
I hope that little Martini is okay, and that he's just got a strained muscle and nothing terribly serious. Please keep us updated.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.