Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 136 Posts

·
Registered
10,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lina called. Max was going potty in the front of the house, and within
seconds, he was gone. There was a trail of urine, which leads them to
believe a coyote took him. They've been searching for four hours now.

I just hung up with her, again. She and her daughter are going to drive
around some more. Max is a big boy, and the coyote could have dropped him,
and he may be hiding somewhere, or perhaps someone found him injured.

I told Lina, I was going to ask for prayers. Please pray like crazy for our
precious little Max. He's such a good boy. Poor Lina, and her family, are so
sick and upset. Her poor daughters. Please, please, pray.

Lina will post when she's able. For now she needs our thoughts.

We love you Lina.

·
Premium Member
2,984 Posts
OMG - how awful! I can't even imagine what Lina and her family are going through worrying about poor little Max! I'll
certainly be thinking of them and sending positive thoughts and hugs and fingers crossed!

·
Premium Member
8,106 Posts
Oh No Way. I'm praying to every Saint I can remember. Especially St. Anthony and St. Francis.
Oh Deb, this is so horrible.
xoxox

·
Premium Member
8,521 Posts
OMG, my heart just went into my throat when i read this. I'm saying special prayers to St. Francis ( the Patron Saint of Animals). Please let them find Max. I can't imagine what Lina is going through right now. I remember reading that a coyote had gotten her first Max. I pray that this not a repeat and that he will be found.

Deb when you talk to Lina again let her know how much we are praying for her to find Max. :grouphug: :grouphug: :prayer: :prayer: :grouphug: :grouphug:

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
:prayer: for Max's return. Oh how sad. I hope he's Okay.

·
Registered
3,881 Posts
Thanks so much Deb ... I am angry more than upset right now.

This is the second dog I have lost on my property. I am sickened by the whole thing. We learnt our lesson with Max 1 and we were always so cautious not to let them out of our sight when they are outside.

I came home at 7pm and Max and Bella were in the hallway, I played with them a little, Max was being over loving to me - kisses galore and he kept giving me a paw shake and wouldn't put his paw down. They were both sitting in the bed they like to fight over in the hallway.

It was a perfect Kodak moment but Max's fringe was in his eyes so I went to get anything I could find, I found a pink flower clip and I put it in his hair and took a photo with my phone, I sent the photo immediately to my daughters who were in their rooms.

My husband came home not long after and we were going to go out to eat - he went in the garage to take my car out and took the dogs in the garage with him, as he was putting Bella's leash on, Max walked out of the garage and he usually goes about 20 steps to the front planter and pees on the wall .. AND RUNS BACK .. all this was about 15 seconds.

My husband comes out of the garage with Bella on a leash and there is no Max in sight - he looks around the front of the house - no sign .. we don't have a fence in the front (non conforming - we all have flowing front yards) as most of you know we live off a canyon and Coyottes are always wandering around our property - that' how we lost our first Max.

We have been outside up and down the street and the canyon with flashlights - it's a big area and I'm not hopefull at all ..

There is some kind of a wet trail from our house on the black tar road to the park next door which leads to the canyon.

I am not sure what that trail is - urine ?? it's not blood - It's dark but it's not red ... it still wet ...

After the first Max died I complained to the city - they didn't care - the coyotees are protected by Fishing and Wildlife - they told me that we are on their land - developing homes ????????

My whole family is deeply hurt and upset now - Poor Bella is walking around the house looking for Max ...

I just am lost and confused ...

Thanks for you prayers - like I said - my emotion right now is anger ... there are a couple of paw prints so we just looked up how to distinguish between a coyotee and dog - my husband just went to check and the paw prints are a mixture of dog and coyotee ...

My husband is feeling so bad but it was so sudden - the coyottee must have been right there .....

Sorry to call u Deb and upset you but I knew that I could have talked to you ... love ya girlfriend xoxo

Thanks for all the prayers - I wish tomorrow will be a different story - maybe he's hurt somewhere - I just don't know ..

Lina

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
Oh my gosh. I just don't even know what to say. I am just so, so sorry this has happened. I'm praying as hard as I can for all of you.

·
Registered
549 Posts
Just hearing the story makes me want to cry. I am so sorry and hope that Max is found, unharmed! I am praying for the safe return of your baby. :crying: :prayer: :grouphug:

·
Registered
10,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Oh Lina, I'm still bawling my eyes out. I layed with Jops and Franks, and prayed like crazy.

Winter, and I, then prayed. I got Winter soaked in tears.

I'm still praying. I love Max. And love you, my dear, dear, friend.

I'm always here for you. :grouphug:

1 - 20 of 136 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.