Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

Super Moderator
She is a living doll. It looks great on her.

Registered
Ling Long is beautiful! At first I thought that photo was the "before" shot, until I saw there was no "after" shot. Her hair is still so full and long and gorgeous!

I was just wondering today what tools/supplies I should have if I let Zita's hair grow long. I've always kept my Malteses' hair short, but I'm thinking about trying long at least for a while. Do you have recommendations for brushes, sprays, etc?

Premium Member
Discussion Starter #5
Ling Long is beautiful! At first I thought that photo was the "before" shot, until I saw there was no "after" shot. Her hair is still so full and long and gorgeous!

I was just wondering today what tools/supplies I should have if I let Zita's hair grow long. I've always kept my Malteses' hair short, but I'm thinking about trying long at least for a while. Do you have recommendations for brushes, sprays, etc?
Thank you...she had so much hair and was in a full coat. She鈥檚 in a Korean cut now, where they shave the middle area but leave legs full. It鈥檚 just easier to manage.
As far as tools, I have a poodle comb that I use the most on my long coat girls. I also have CC butter combs, wood brush, pin brush and a madden pin brush.
I鈥檝e been using the new Wet brush Flex and love it. It鈥檚 very flexible and easy on their skin/coat, especially good for mats, no tugging.
I use all Les Pooch shampoos and conditioners on my girls, and Paul Mitchell ginger mint detangler.
Occasionally, I鈥檒l use a deep mask by Goldwell or Kerastase on my girls but the Les Pooch seems to be very hydrating, without weighing down their hair.

Registered
Thank you...she had so much hair and was in a full coat. She鈥檚 in a Korean cut now, where they shave the middle area but leave legs full. It鈥檚 just easier to manage.
As far as tools, I have a poodle comb that I use the most on my long coat girls. I also have CC butter combs, wood brush, pin brush and a madden pin brush.
I鈥檝e been using the new Wet brush Flex and love it. It鈥檚 very flexible and easy on their skin/coat, especially good for mats, no tugging.
I use all Les Pooch shampoos and conditioners on my girls, and Paul Mitchell ginger mint detangler.
Occasionally, I鈥檒l use a deep mask by Goldwell or Kerastase on my girls but the Les Pooch seems to be very hydrating, without weighing down their hair.
Thanks! You've given me a long shopping list!

Premium Member
Joanne, Ling Ling looks so beautiful! I have often wondered how you keep all your girls in full coat. I can't do it with one!

Super Moderator
She looks beautiful! I've also heard that cut referred to as a Town & Country or even a "modified" puppy cut.

Premium Member
Discussion Starter #9
Joanne, Ling Ling looks so beautiful! I have often wondered how you keep all your girls in full coat. I can't do it with one!
If she let me touch her, I could do it.
Ever since her spay when she got that huge mat, she has been so jumpy and attacks me. I am just too terrified to do it anymore.
Funny thing is...she is the perfect angel for everyone else. It鈥檚 just me who she is vicious with. It makes it very difficult.

Premium Member
She looks beautiful!! I know what you mean by having too much hair! I just had my puppy's hair cut off and now I an see her adorable face!

You have a great groomer!

Registered
I was going to private message you, but others may be interested too. Sorry for so many q's!
Where is a good source for Les Pooch?
I'm guessing you use the brightening shampoo?
Which Les Pooch conditioner?
I found something called wet brush flex for people---is that it?
I have a comb that looks just like the CC buttercomb. Do you think the CC one is better than others?

And sorry that autocorrect changed your dog's name to Ling Long in my post! :blush:

Premium Member
Discussion Starter #13
I was going to private message you, but others may be interested too. Sorry for so many q's!
Where is a good source for Les Pooch?
I'm guessing you use the brightening shampoo?
Which Les Pooch conditioner?
I found something called wet brush flex for people---is that it?
I have a comb that looks just like the CC buttercomb. Do you think the CC one is better than others?

And sorry that autocorrect changed your dog's name to Ling Long in my post! :blush:
Here is the link to Les Pooch.
https://lespoochs.com/
I order directly thru them. If you call, they are great about telling you about promotions they may be running that are not on the website. I use their hypoallergenic line the most, though I use their micro encapsulated conditioner when I鈥檓 looking for more hydration. I don鈥檛 use their whitener because they come out really clean and white without, though I do have it.
They recommend diluting their products down, if so, you need to use distilled water, otherwise the product or any product can grow bacteria.
The Paul Mitchell spray detangler is better than Les Pooch, imo.
As far as combs...I have several other kinds but I personally think the butter combs are much more gentle on their coats and slide effortlessly thru.
The flex brush I order directly thru wet brush (for people) because, I received a few knock offs from Amazon that broke right away and weren鈥檛 as flexible.

Did I leave anything out?

Premium Member
Discussion Starter #14
She looks beautiful!! I know what you mean by having too much hair! I just had my puppy's hair cut off and now I an see her adorable face!

You have a great groomer!
Thanku! I wish this groomer was more reliable. She hardly shows up to work,so it鈥檚 a real gamble getting her. I was lucky this time. She did do a great job.

Registered

The hair masks you mentioned are those made for dogs or humans?

Registered
Here is the link to Les Pooch.
https://lespoochs.com/
I order directly thru them. If you call, they are great about telling you about promotions they may be running that are not on the website. I use their hypoallergenic line the most, though I use their micro encapsulated conditioner when I鈥檓 looking for more hydration. I don鈥檛 use their whitener because they come out really clean and white without, though I do have it.
They recommend diluting their products down, if so, you need to use distilled water, otherwise the product or any product can grow bacteria.
The Paul Mitchell spray detangler is better than Les Pooch, imo.
As far as combs...I have several other kinds but I personally think the butter combs are much more gentle on their coats and slide effortlessly thru.
The flex brush I order directly thru wet brush (for people) because, I received a few knock offs from Amazon that broke right away and weren鈥檛 as flexible.

Did I leave anything out?
Thank you so much for all that detailed information!!

One more q: do you use the detangler every time you brush, or only after a bath?

Premium Member
Discussion Starter #18
Thank you so much for all that detailed information!!

One more q: do you use the detangler every time you brush, or only after a bath?
I use conditioner every time I bath them and detangler in between for any tangles or mats

This a before and after with Suki with Les Pooch.

Attachments

Premium Member
Joanne, You are amazing!!!

I love Ling Lings new haircut :wub:. I am jealous of her thick hair. Abella does not have thick hair and it tends to go frizzy so I am always deep conditioning it yet trying not to weigh it down to much :smpullhair:. Your girls always look amazing and so well groomed........I don't know how you do it. I just have Abella and it seems Im always washing, trimming or cutting something on her! :HistericalSmiley:

"Life is good - Life with a Maltese is great!"

Attachments

Premium Member
To precious, now you will never be able to say no to those BIG eyes.
She's got you wrapped around her paws Joanne :HistericalSmiley:

1 - 20 of 31 Posts