Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
I can't quite help you on this. I LOVE makeup but I HATE lipstick. I use MAC makeup. It's the BOMB. Do you use foundation? My friend who's a makeup artist told me to use foundation on your lips as a base. Then outline it with lip liner and then fill in your lips with the liner. Then add lipstick. I dont remember if you're suppose to reapply the liner and then the lipstick or not
. Sorry. I have this bad habit of licking my lips all the time thats why I hate lipsticks. I love wearing everything else though--eye shadow, liner, blush, etc.

When I was younger, I remember revlon had this lipstick that lasts all day. The only thing I didn't like about it was that it looked dry.

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've tried the Avon lipstick and there lip pencils. Still wears off after a few hours.

I've tried using lip pencil first, putting foundation on your lips (tip from a magazine), putting powder on my lips before the lipstick, etc. They all wear off.
I have really pale lips so it looks kind of weird if I don't wear lipstick.

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Originally posted by ButterCloudandNoriko@Nov 19 2004, 11:04 AM
When I was younger, I remember revlon had this lipstick that lasts all day.  The only thing I didn't like about it was that it looked dry.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=17209
[/QUOTE]

I tried an all day one a couple years ago and it was really dry and flaky looking. It was lip gloss with this clear lip stick that you put over it. But it got clumby after about 30 minutes. It felt really weird.

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
hehe, you have to get in the habit of not rubbing it together. That doesn't help. I would think using the foundation, powder and lipliner would help alot. That's what I did for a wedding and it lasted all day AND I had lip gloss on top. And I was drunk, too! I'm never able to make lipstick stay long. And if I lick my lips too much, I start to get this white stuff all over my lips. Yuck!

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Originally posted by ButterCloudandNoriko@Nov 19 2004, 11:16 AM
hehe, you have to get in the habit of not rubbing it together.  That doesn't help.  I would think using the foundation, powder and lipliner would help alot.  That's what I did for a wedding and it lasted all day AND I had lip gloss on top.  And I was drunk, too!  I'm never able to make lipstick stay long.  And if I lick my lips too much, I start to get this white stuff all over my lips.  Yuck!
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=17221
[/QUOTE]

I don't think I rub them that much. That is what is so frustrating.

Originally posted by ButterCloudandNoriko@Nov 19 2004, 11:16 AM
And I was drunk, too!  <div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=17221
[/QUOTE]

·
Registered
3,483 Posts

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
I've had a little bit of luck with the Max Factor long lasting lipstick or whatever it's called.. But I noticed it started to flake off after a while which I hate. One thing that works is lining and filling your lips in with lip liner and then putting lipstick on.. that always seems to keep the color on me longer.

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
L'Oreal makes one that stays on pretty good and it is easy to apply. It is a big, fat pencil that has a thin pencil on one end and a fat one on the other. The fat side is a bit more soft than the thin side. The thin side is for lining your lips and the thick side for filling in. It stays on better than anything I've ever used because it is drier than most lipsticks that are in a tube. And because of the pencil shape it is really easy to get great coverage. Most drug stores carry it. The only hassle is you have to sharpen it every few days....

·
Registered
162 Posts
I wear MAC makeup, Dior and some Chanel.
I wear Russian Red (don't laugh! I love the red!) in MAC and it's great! It definitely stays on all day. Any of the matte lipstick from MAC would be excellent.

And, yep, you are supposed to put foundation and powder on your lips first for a base. It definitely helps with bleeding and the like. My sister used to work at Clinique so i got all the good tips.

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Originally posted by babycoconut@Nov 20 2004, 11:37 PM
I wear MAC makeup, Dior and some Chanel.
I wear Russian Red (don't laugh! I love the red!) in MAC and it's great! It definitely stays on all day. Any of the matte lipstick from MAC would be excellent.

And, yep, you are supposed to put foundation and powder on your lips first for a base. It definitely helps with bleeding and the like. My sister used to work at Clinique so i got all the good tips. 

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=17481
[/QUOTE]

what is mac? just curious.

·
Registered
162 Posts
MAC is just a makeup brand.
You can go to www.maccosmetics.com and check it out. (Woo! Look at that! Website and brand recognition! Yay for being able to type that out!)

It may look like they only have crazy colors, but you can find some nice stuff in there.

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
Originally posted by babycoconut@Nov 20 2004, 10:47 PM
MAC is just a makeup brand.
You can go to www.maccosmetics.com and check it out. (Woo! Look at that! Website and brand recognition! Yay for being able to type that out!)

It may look like they only have crazy colors, but you can find some nice stuff in there.<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=17487
[/QUOTE]

Don't be overwhelmed by some of the crazy color. I have alot of mac makeup colors and if I wanted to go for the natural look, MAC does natural, beautifully.

Tlunn--if you go to the Green Hills Mall in Nashville (on Hillsboro road) or Hecht(I think) in coolssprings mall, there's a Mac store. And the prices are comparable to other dept. store prices so if you do wear stuff like Clinique or Elizabeth Arden, then totally try MAC! If you guys wear Clinique...FORGET IT! Go for MAC.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts