Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

Premium Member
Sandi, I'm concerned about how quiet you've been about how Lisi is doing.......
Although I completely understand if you just don't want to talk about it at this time....
Please know I am praying daily for our little "Mighty Mouse" and you & hubby!
Hugs my dear friend

Registered
So, so precious <3 Marco and my nephew Emerson are the same age. Zooey was not as forgiving as Lisi of a baby's movements at first...she snapped a couple of times. Thank God my sister is a dog person and was understanding and let me do +R training to get Zooey comfortable with the baby. And now she is bombproof around babies and young children :)

Premium Member
Discussion Starter #5
Lisi & Marco have always been good together---now Kitzi on the other hand (my sweet boy) has snapped at Marco more than once, but usually they get along. I think Marco has learned better not to tempt Kitzi to misbehave. Kitzel still snaps at Dwight IF Dwt is trying to take him from me---although he will often go to Dwt over me, if he thinks I am going to groom him. :)
Lisi has never, ever snapped at any human---but she will take a nip at another dog. When she was young & we lived in Greece she had to learn to defend herself from packs of aggressive street dogs of whom she was by far the smallest. Some things are hard to unlearn.

Premium Member
Discussion Starter #6
Although I completely understand if you just don't want to talk about it at this time....
Hugs my dear friend

Paulann, I am always hesitant to say how L is doing because it is such a mixed bag & can change so quickly. We just try to take things as they come & enjoy her. On Fri. she let me hold her & snuggle for about 45 minutes---she is usually too busy. It was very special. She is still enjoying a little walk, but mostly a stroller ride (funny, she used to hate the stroller) taking in all the sights in the early evenings in our neighborhood. Tomorrow will be the 3 month anniversary of her 2nd surgery---we were told it would probably be about 3 months but could go up to 9 months IF she does well. We have been praying she would celebrate turning 9 on Aug. 4th. I think we may get there by God's sweet grace! Since this is a very rare form of cancer no one really knows what to expect & IF anyone can beat the odds it will be "our little mouse!"
I had to take K to the vet last week & she said each day she expects me to call about Lisi----so every single day we are grateful she is here & making her presence known.
Thank you for asking, caring & praying! 馃惌

Premium Member
Thank you for the Lisi update Sandi. I, too, have been hoping and praying that she is doing well but was hesitant to mention it. Please know she remains in my prayers. She is just so cute and seems like such a special baby.

Premium Member
Discussion Starter #8
Maggie---she is! She is such a happy little girl---constant tail wagging as though the world were in perfect order. She sleeps in my bed & sometimes---even often---cries in her sleep. I always pray I will know when the time is right. When she is on there is no stopping her. She will fight to the end, but I think we will know when the time is right. We pray for courage to do what is best for HER!

Super Moderator
Sandi, I am so glad she is doing so well, the extra time with her is such a blessing.

Registered
Hugs my dear friend

Paulann, I am always hesitant to say how L is doing because it is such a mixed bag & can change so quickly. We just try to take things as they come & enjoy her. On Fri. she let me hold her & snuggle for about 45 minutes---she is usually too busy. It was very special. She is still enjoying a little walk, but mostly a stroller ride (funny, she used to hate the stroller) taking in all the sights in the early evenings in our neighborhood. Tomorrow will be the 3 month anniversary of her 2nd surgery---we were told it would probably be about 3 months but could go up to 9 months IF she does well. We have been praying she would celebrate turning 9 on Aug. 4th. I think we may get there by God's sweet grace! Since this is a very rare form of cancer no one really knows what to expect & IF anyone can beat the odds it will be "our little mouse!"
I had to take K to the vet last week & she said each day she expects me to call about Lisi----so every single day we are grateful she is here & making her presence known.
Thank you for asking, caring & praying! 馃惌
Bless you . I hope you get many years with her!

Registered
Hi Sandy
Precious Adorable Photo!!!
I have been thinking of Lisi often and so glad to hear she is doing ok and so happy I read your update. I say prayers for her always. Cody is doing ok too but he is completely blind now But he certainly knows how to find cat food ! Lol! He never gets the chance to eat it but his nose is forever on the hunt! Cody鈥檚 ok and doing good and had his blood work back and everything came out good considering he鈥檚 on the chemo pill. I love him so much, I hope Lisi continues to feel well. She鈥檚 blessed to have you as her mom!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts