Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

Premium Member
Sandi-- w/Kitzel (Kitzi) & Lisel (Lisi)
Joined
17,731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Prayers for both of our babies, please! Neither of them are doing well at the moment. I won't go into detail for now. We are concerned.
 

Registered
Joined
3,281 Posts
Oh no Sandi. Sending lots of love and prayers that they are both better soon.
 

Registered
Kathy & Pipper
Joined
6,066 Posts
Oh no Sand, I'm so sorry Lisi and Kitzi aren't doing well. I'm sending prayers for both of them and keeping you in my thoughts. 鉂ゐ煉曗潳
 

Premium Member
Pat & Maggie (& Casey too!)
Joined
1,640 Posts
So sad to hear this Sandi. Prayers that they both improve quickly. Keeping you all in my thoughts and prayers.
 

Premium Member
Paulann & Abella
Joined
1,276 Posts
Sandi
God has been so gracious in answering our past prayers for Lisi & Kitzi. I'm praying He will continue...... Please Lord touch/heal Lisi & Kitzi's little bodies & wrap your loving arms around them. Amen

"What a miracle that our prayers actually rise as a fragrance to heaven & release God鈥檚 power!"
 
  • Like
Reactions: edelweiss

Premium Member
Sandi-- w/Kitzel (Kitzi) & Lisel (Lisi)
Joined
17,731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have been starving Lisi for almost 24 hrs. & gave her some boiled, white rice tonight---she is acting as though she will vomit it in the last few minutes. Poor little mouse.
Kitzi not only has a heart issue but collapsing trachea which has complicated things. He is on a number of meds for heart & one for CT. He scares me when he hacks. A neighbor dog here just passed from the same thing 2 days ago. I had been trying to help the owner get on a FB site for CT---which she joined & then that next morn. her dog passed. So sad.

Complicating all of this is we are booked on Thurs. to leave them w/our oldest daughter for 2 nights & 2 & 1/2 day---not long I know, but w/Lisi doing so poorly & all the meds I am concerned. We booked to visit our youngest g-son as we have not seen him since he was first born & he will be 2 in early Nov. My oldest DD teaches college on-line & has to manage her 8 yr. old son at home school on-line alone. Until Lisi got sicker I thought my DD could manage it, but am now concerned. I don't feel I can back out of our trip so feel very pressed!

Thank you for thoughts & esp. prayers. I know God knows my situation but I need wisdom.
 

Premium Member
Pat & Maggie (& Casey too!)
Joined
1,640 Posts
Sandi, would it be possible to postpone your visit until Lisi and Kitzi are feeling better?
 

Super Moderator
Walter & Casper with Lucky (forever in my heart).
Joined
9,906 Posts
Oh Sandi I am so sorry the two are not feeling well. Lisi might very well just be stressed, you have a lot going on. Kitzi's condition is not unlike Snowball's. I know you are worried about him but there are good outcomes. Snowball is doing amazingly, the meds are managing his heart issues well and Marie calms him down when his trachea acts up and that is working too.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Maglily

Premium Member
Sandi-- w/Kitzel (Kitzi) & Lisel (Lisi)
Joined
17,731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thank you all so much for the support.
Last night we felt Lisi was passing---very shallow breathing, no interest in life, almost non-responsive. D prayed over her (it was around 12:15 PM by then) & we just held her. Finally she slept & we did, albeit w/one eye open. It has been more than a yr. since her 2nd surgery & she was given 3 months so we know that GRACE has allowed her to live well, for the most part. This up-&-down has been hard. We have ALMOST decided to just cancel our trip up to MA. & try to do it later in the summer. Our DD is really looking forward to our coming. Gee, I miss them.
I do think it starts w/stress for Lisi.
I have an appt. w/an IS the day after we get back @ the ER clinic where Lisi has been cared for (cardio requested we do this & it has taken time to get in to see her) for Kitzel. He is on 4 meds-2 heart & two for CT. I have learned a great deal about the CT & managing it, but am no expert. The FB group I joined has helped a lot.
Walter, I did not know Snowball has CT! It often goes along w/an enlarged heart but Kitzel's heart is not yet enlarged. He had a grade 4 when I last spoke w/cardio but it has gone from 0 to 3 & now this last time to 4 so a fairly quick progression.
It also depends on which part of the trachea the collapse is---higher up or lower down & the degree to which it is collapsed. I hope the IS can tell me that after viewing his exrays. For some reason I think his is lower down. I personally feel that his collapsed when I thought he had had the allergic reaction to a sardine----& we rushed him to the vet.

Anyhow, continued prayers as we have to decide soon to cancel our trip up.
 

Registered
Kathy & Pipper
Joined
6,066 Posts
Thank you all so much for the support.
Last night we felt Lisi was passing---very shallow breathing, no interest in life, almost non-responsive. D prayed over her (it was around 12:15 PM by then) & we just held her. Finally she slept & we did, albeit w/one eye open. It has been more than a yr. since her 2nd surgery & she was given 3 months so we know that GRACE has allowed her to live well, for the most part. This up-&-down has been hard. We have ALMOST decided to just cancel our trip up to MA. & try to do it later in the summer. Our DD is really looking forward to our coming. Gee, I miss them.
I do think it starts w/stress for Lisi.
I have an appt. w/an IS the day after we get back @ the ER clinic where Lisi has been cared for (cardio requested we do this & it has taken time to get in to see her) for Kitzel. He is on 4 meds-2 heart & two for CT. I have learned a great deal about the CT & managing it, but am no expert. The FB group I joined has helped a lot.
Walter, I did not know Snowball has CT! It often goes along w/an enlarged heart but Kitzel's heart is not yet enlarged. He had a grade 4 when I last spoke w/cardio but it has gone from 0 to 3 & now this last time to 4 so a fairly quick progression.
It also depends on which part of the trachea the collapse is---higher up or lower down & the degree to which it is collapsed. I hope the IS can tell me that after viewing his exrays. For some reason I think his is lower down. I personally feel that his collapsed when I thought he had had the allergic reaction to a sardine----& we rushed him to the vet.

Anyhow, continued prayers as we have to decide soon to cancel our trip up.
Sandi, if you think stress makes Lisi worse, do you think you guys leaving her with your daughter would stress her out even more. Sending prayers for help with your decision.
 

Premium Member
Sandi-- w/Kitzel (Kitzi) & Lisel (Lisi)
Joined
17,731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I just wrote to my DD that we are thinking of NOT coming for now & maybe coming in July. They are celebrating their anniversary now& were looking fwd. to our taking over at home for that---so another wrinkle. I did suggest that D would be willing to come alone & entertain the little Boo. I asked her for input so we can decide today.
 

Premium Member
Paulann & Abella
Joined
1,276 Posts
Sandi
Asking for discernment & guidance in making your decision...... and then peace.
馃槆
 
  • Like
Reactions: edelweiss

Premium Member
Sandi-- w/Kitzel (Kitzi) & Lisel (Lisi)
Joined
17,731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I got a very understanding/supportive msg. from our daughter just now---she said "I know how important your dogs are to you" & she said she is ok w/what we decide. Lisi is "more perky" than last night but that does not say much. She ate some "haferschleim" (water mostly w/some honey & oats)---just a tbsp. but a good sign. Her tummy is still "bossy."
 

Super Moderator
Walter & Casper with Lucky (forever in my heart).
Joined
9,906 Posts
Her eating is a great sign. I think waiting til July might be good option. Your daughter understands. Yes Snowball has had trachea issues for a while. I hope all goes better. It is a blessing that Lisi has done so well after her last operation.
 

Registered
Joined
177 Posts
So sorry to hear this! I am sending you healing prayers and virtual hugs! I hope your babies feel better soon.
 

Registered
Kathy & Pipper
Joined
6,066 Posts
I'm so glad your daughter is so understanding. Lisi needs you right now and you will still have your visit in July to look forward to. I totally understand how hard it is that you haven't seen your grandson in so long and how much you were looking forward to it. Sending you hugs.
 

Premium Member
Sandi-- w/Kitzel (Kitzi) & Lisel (Lisi)
Joined
17,731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thank you ALL! Still undecided but D will not go alone---either we both go or neither of us.
Lisi ate rice for dinner w/about 5 pieces of Gold kibble softened in it. Then I gave her 1/2 of a small egg for protein. So far so good. She seems hungry. She is trembling still so my fear is the cancer is "on the prowl" again. She is such a little fighter.
 

Registered
Joined
196 Posts
I am so sorry To read that your babies are not doing well. Sending many Prayers Your way!!! I hope they both feel better fast! They are such Two beautiful little darlings.
 

Registered
Joined
196 Posts
Sandy sometimes their body temperatures get alittle low with the cancer happened to Cody, keep her warm.. get a soft material heating pad and let her sleep on that with you. Or put a towel over it. If you don鈥檛 have one sometimes you can microwave the towels or put it in a dryer and wrap up up in that to stop the shivering. So sad poor baby.
 
1 - 20 of 33 Posts
Top