Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Premium Member
Sandi-- w/Kitzel (Kitzi) & Lisel (Lisi)
17,730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Lisi always runs hot! She can't sleep under covers as Kitzi does.

We are cancelling our trip to MA as Lisi is still not eating much at all (she did enjoy rice night before). She has a very bad stool today.

Reactions: Abella's Mommy

·
Premium Member
Pat & Maggie (& Casey too!)
1,640 Posts
I'm disappointed for you Sandi but feel relieved that you decided to cancel the trip. I have a feeling Lisi needs you now and that you need to be with her. Praying that she improves.

·
Registered
Kathy & Pipper
6,066 Posts
Sandi I'm sorry to hear Lisi still isn't feeling well and I'm sorry you had to postpone your trip but I think its for the best. If Lisi got worse when you were away you would never forgive yourself. July will come quickly.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Hi sandi sorry to hear Lisi is not doing any better. To help with the diarrhea see if your vet can prescribe you flagyl it stops the diarrhea immediately. Also if she not eating so well try baby oatmeal. Cody doesn’t eat but will LAP up oatmeal. If you have dry food you can put that in a blender and make the dry food in power and if she likes the oatmeal you can mix it in to get nutrition. I told my mom about that with her 3 lb papillon and it works. I feel so bad for your baby. Hope this suggestion helps. Prayers for your baby.

·
Premium Member
17,730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Thank you all for prayers & advice. Lisi has come a long way in the last week---her stool still has a very bad odor but she has stopped trembling so much & is much more "with it." She gave us quite the scare. One night we thought she had decided to give up, but the fighter in her won out. It is very emotionally exhausting to see them go up & down, but we are grateful that she has her "special bossy temperament." We are also glad we cancelled our trip up to MA.--DD said yesterday was very cold there. We fly home on Tues. We are grateful for your prayers!

·
Super Moderator
Walter & Casper with Lucky (forever in my heart).
9,902 Posts
Cold - its snowing! 3-5 inches expected. The Pioneer Valley is slightly warner. I am so glad Lisi is doing better.

Reactions: edelweiss

·
Registered
3,280 Posts
Sandi, I am so glad Lisi is feeling better. You truly must be exhausted.I hope that you can have a few days of peace and rest.
I am in Central Mass. and we are having snow here too. It looks like February and the roads don’t look very good. I am sure you will have a nice visit when the weather is better.

·
Registered
Kathy & Pipper
6,066 Posts
I'm so happy little Lisi is doing better. She's a strong and determined little girl.

·
Premium Member
17,730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Kathy, when she was young I thought that her stubbornness was exasperating but now that she needs it I realize that it was given to her for a good reason. I am a slow learner, but thankfully time is a patient teacher. She is so tiny & still so determined, and she is definitely the gift that keeps on giving! She just may have a few more years in that little, willful body! 😍

·
Premium Member
Paulann & Abella
1,276 Posts
Sandi
I saw this quote by Shakespeare and immediately thought of Lisi.
Prayers continue for our little MIGHTY MOUSE!
💗

ecc078bf6728526a1f126d7d39d32744.jpg

21 - 33 of 33 Posts