Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is not exactly what we wanted to hear, but we don't get to choose. I spoke at length w/the surgeon today & she will speak w/the oncologist there on Mon. for a plan. Again, it is a most unusual case & even the surgeon can't wrap her head around it. We don't intend to do any more testing or surgery but would be open to other stuff.
Thank you for standing w/us in the unknown, for your messages of love & compassion. It has helped us work through a difficult time.
She is eating well, very well---typical Lisi! You would hardly know (except for the stitches) that they removed 8 in. of her small intestine---having removed 6 last fall. I love that little attitude she has & that wagging tail. She is so much fun. She does spend most of her time sleeping, only getting up to eat---but last week she would not do even that so this is a good day & we are counting our blessings for today.

·
Premium Member
23,983 Posts
Sandi I know how devastated you are, I want you to know that I hold little Lisi in prayer
I weep when I pray for you and Dwight, I know your strong only because Jesus is carrying you.
When I pray I ask the Lord for a miracle

·
Premium Member
17,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Dearest Paula,
A miracle is never too much to ask! Keep asking! You are inspiring. You light up every room you enter! Thank you for your continued support---it is needed & well received! What a great gift you are to me/us. ❤

·
Registered
5,525 Posts
Sandi my heart goes out to you and I will keep sending prayers. Right now, with your little piggy eating well, you know that she is happy and doing well and she's such a stubborn little fighter that she might just prove all the doctors wrong.

·
Super Moderator
10,107 Posts
Sandi, I'm so sorry. I know this is not the news you wanted to hear and praying there are options that will help preserve her quality of life! Hugs!

·
Registered
428 Posts
😔 I’m so sorry that the findings were not better. Every moment is a blessing and I know you will fill that time with joy, love and gratitude for your beautiful baby girl. Big hugs my friend 🙏🏼🐶.

·
Premium Member
1,581 Posts
So sorry Sandi. One positive thing is Lisi doesn't know what is happening and as far as she knows all is right in her world and she's happy. She may very well prove the doctors wrong. I am praying for that scenario. My heart goes out to you.

·
Premium Member
17,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
We did get Lisi out for a couple of walks on our two nice days. . . she is gaining a little weight each day---up to 4.4 from 4 lbs on surgery day. She wags her tail even when she sees me coming w/the collar. She does NOT like the pain meds & fights me on that. She has not yet restarted barking at dogs on TV, squirrels or for food.
Thank you to her uncles & aunties for your prayers & thoughts.
IMG_8818.jpg IMG_8821.jpg

·
Premium Member
3,550 Posts
Definitely not what I was hoping to hear, I'm so sorry Sandi! Prayers will continue, and we know Lisi...she will do her best as long as she can. I know you'll treasure every moment! Hugs

1 - 13 of 13 Posts