Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

21 - 40 of 48 Posts

Registered
Awwww , your such a good momma!! Keep us posted on Lisi鈥檚 dental, I will be thinking of her, lots of love and prayers for your beautiful babydoll.馃挒

Registered
Prayers for little Lisi tomorrow Sandi. Hoping there are no extractions and the day goes by quickly for you.

Premium Member
Discussion Starter #24
Thanks Kathy. I have kept busy so as to be distracted. The little guy we were hoping to foster found his owner so we will just stay a snug family for now. L & K don't really like having other dogs in the house but he looked so scared & lost that my heart jumped quickly.
I am so happy Pipper is doing so well.

Registered
Thanks Kathy. I have kept busy so as to be distracted. The little guy we were hoping to foster found his owner so we will just stay a snug family for now. L & K don't really like having other dogs in the house but he looked so scared & lost that my heart jumped quickly.
I am so happy Pipper is doing so well.
Happy to hear the little lost dog found his owner. I love happy endings.
Enjoy your lunch out tomorrow.

Premium Member
Discussion Starter #26
Kathy, it is actually a doctor's appt. for me! Last wk. I had to call the EMS (who apparently showed up w/a fire truck---which I did not know until talking w/my neighbor yesterday). I have had this appt. already for a while so am glad to finally get in to see someone who is hopefully competent. I don't think now I will take time to go to lunch but that was on the schedule. I want to get L home before I leave for Austin, hopefully. Her vet promised to do her best.

Registered
Kathy, it is actually a doctor's appt. for me! Last wk. I had to call the EMS (who apparently showed up w/a fire truck---which I did not know until talking w/my neighbor yesterday). I have had this appt. already for a while so am glad to finally get in to see someone who is hopefully competent. I don't think now I will take time to go to lunch but that was on the schedule. I want to get L home before I leave for Austin, hopefully. Her vet promised to do her best.
Good luck with everything tomorrow and I hope you sleep better tonight than I did before Pippers dental. 馃槒

Premium Member
Discussion Starter #28
Thank you Kathy---I am not really overly concerned although I know anything can happen. I really trust my vet, but she is just human. She loves my two & has been extremely compassionate & helpful. I also love it that I can have a good argument w/her & she does not take things personally. Over the years God has been so faithful to provide us w/this kind of vet---even if it took time to find them. My vet is more important to me than my own doctor~ I will take your prayers though for tomorrow!

Premium Member
Discussion Starter #30
'Just dropped off our little princess. Thanks for prayers!

Premium Member
Discussion Starter #32
Lisi is home---she did great! She did have a canine tooth infection which had to be removed--got a stitch & antibiotics, plus 2 small front teeth removed. She has to eat soft foods for 6 wks. She also got pain meds.
Thank you for your prayers & concern. She is tough! :)

Registered
So happy to hear all went well. Good thing you went ahead with the dental since she had an infection. Wow, it seems like they didn't keep her very long. My vet keeps them for about 3 hours after they wake up to observe them post anesthesia.

Premium Member
Discussion Starter #34
My vet knew I had a doctor's appt. in Austin so took her at 7:30! She also knows I will scream if I need to get her! Having lived in a Germanic culture for so long makes me revert to "creature of habit" mode. . . something I had to learn or get trampled in the process!

Reactions: pippersmom

Registered
Beautiful Lisi! So glad she鈥檚 home and doing well!!! Both of you can snuggle and rest now. Great job Lisi!

Registered
My vet knew I had a doctor's appt. in Austin so took her at 7:30! She also knows I will scream if I need to get her! Having lived in a Germanic culture for so long makes me revert to "creature of habit" mode. . . something I had to learn or get trampled in the process!
And now I bet it's such a relief for you to have it over with. I know the feeling.

Premium Member
Discussion Starter #37
OK, so I spoke too soon. Came home from my doctor's appt. to find Lisi had had a terrible stool sort of all over & she was very hungry. She can't eat solid food for 2 wks. so I pulsed some butternut squash that I had cooked last night & added a soupy bit of the food that I think is increasing her liver enzymes---she gobbled it down & wanted more, but she won't get any for at least a couple of hours. I have to see how she does w/the first bit. I am sure it has to do w/the antibiotic injection she got. She is bitting her paws & pawing her mouth. As soon as the food has a bit of time to digest I will give her some Tramadol. She looks like I took her out of the vacuum cleaner bag----but I love her to pieces.

Registered
OK, so I spoke too soon. Came home from my doctor's appt. to find Lisi had had a terrible stool sort of all over & she was very hungry. She can't eat solid food for 2 wks. so I pulsed some butternut squash that I had cooked last night & added a soupy bit of the food that I think is increasing her liver enzymes---she gobbled it down & wanted more, but she won't get any for at least a couple of hours. I have to see how she does w/the first bit. I am sure it has to do w/the antibiotic injection she got. She is bitting her paws & pawing her mouth. As soon as the food has a bit of time to digest I will give her some Tramadol. She looks like I took her out of the vacuum cleaner bag----but I love her to pieces.
I hope the rest of Lisi's night is better. Hopefully she can sleep ok tonight too. Maybe she is pawing her face because the stitches might be annoying. I have seen Pipper pawing his face a bit but not too much.

Premium Member
Discussion Starter #39
I had a horrific time trying to get the Tramadol down her. It is so bitter. She was very hungry so I put it in her food---big mistake. As soon as she got a taste she started shaking her head & would not eat her food. I had forgotten how much she hates it. Tomorrow or later tonight I may give her some of the liquid Metacam from Kitzel---it would be so much easier to get in since she can only have soupy food. Why did they give her tablet type med realizing her mouth was so sore!

Registered
I had a horrific time trying to get the Tramadol down her. It is so bitter. She was very hungry so I put it in her food---big mistake. As soon as she got a taste she started shaking her head & would not eat her food. I had forgotten how much she hates it. Tomorrow or later tonight I may give her some of the liquid Metacam from Kitzel---it would be so much easier to get in since she can only have soupy food. Why did they give her tablet type med realizing her mouth was so sore!
Pipper is on antibiotic and metacam and gabapentin. So far, so good getting it into him. The gabapentin is a small pink capsule that I just sandwich between 2 small pieces of his canned food and hand feed it to him and the antibiotic is a tablet that I do the same with. He just swallows it whole. The metacam I just mix in his evening meal. It helps to have a dog that loves food as much as Pipper does.

21 - 40 of 48 Posts