Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

41 - 48 of 48 Posts

·
Super Moderator
9,724 Posts
Poor little Lisi, she may just need a little time. Pumpkin might not be a bad idea. You could get pureed baby food.

·
Premium Member
17,565 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
Thanks Walter---I started the day she came home w/pulsed up butternut squash & as of today we have a good stool. I have also started to just make her regular food into baby food in the blender & she takes it as long as no meds hidden in there. On Sat. the vet gave us gabepentin which I squirt in her mouth w/a syringe so we are doing lots better. I can tell her mouth is really sore because when I touch her head she yelps. She isn't allowed normal food for 2 wks, but it doesn't matter as long as she eats as she can't afford to lose weight. She keeps biting at the place where they had the drip in----but it is not looking infected at all. When I talked w/the vet she said there were 2 small questionable teeth that she took out so she doesn't have to go back & give another anesthesia. I told her to take out anything she thinks looks weird as we hope not to have to do another dental. The one bigger tooth was very loose & came out pretty easily.
The anesthesia was only a problem in that w/all the surgeries she has had in the recent past they become a bit more resistive to it. I am happy to have it behind us & hopeful she will be ok for a while now.

Reactions: Dixie's Mama

·
Super Moderator
9,724 Posts
It sounds like she is doing better. That is great.

·
Premium Member
17,565 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
Definitely!

·
Premium Member
17,565 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
She is doing pretty well----I am still giving her pain meds at night--she won't let me look in her mouth yet. She is on a "soupy" diet for 2 wks. I will be glad when that is over---putting everything in the blender at the moment. Her face is a mess & she needs a bath---this up-coming Sat. hopefully---but she goes to the groomer a week from tomorrow so may wait. She is still enjoying her "stroller walks." Yesterday eve. she walked further than usual so that is a good sign. She is a little heart throb!

41 - 48 of 48 Posts