Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Could someone please repost the list of foods you should not give to dogs? I know it has been posted before but I forgot to bookmark it and can't find it.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Gee, this is confusing. One list says Avocado fruit & pits, the other says Avocado skin, leaves, pits & stems. My liver diet says Avocado fruit is GOOD for liver disease.

One lists cherry as toxic and the liver diet recommends cherry.

Same with broccoli & cauliflower.

·
Registered
3,287 Posts
Originally posted by Pico's Parent@May 16 2005, 02:49 PM
Gee, this is confusing.  One list says Avocado fruit & pits, the other says Avocado skin, leaves, pits & stems.  My liver diet says Avocado fruit is GOOD for liver disease.

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=62632
[/QUOTE]
I have read Avocada,broc,caul are fine is small quanities.Dont know about cherry,I have the lists at home(Im at the shop)

·
Registered
4,035 Posts
Yea, these lists always confuse me! I have a million different ones printed out and stuck on the fridge, but they kinda contradict one another.

·
Registered
755 Posts
Originally posted by sheila2182+May 16 2005, 01:11 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-Pico's Parent
@May 16 2005, 02:49 PM
Gee, this is confusing.  One list says Avocado fruit & pits, the other says Avocado skin, leaves, pits & stems.  My liver diet says Avocado fruit is GOOD for liver disease.

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=62632
I have read Avocada,broc,caul are fine is small quanities.Dont know about cherry,I have the lists at home(Im at the shop)
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=62642
[/B][/QUOTE]

So confusing I know. -_- Same here... I've fed Princess some cherries before and she was fine. She actually liked it.

·
Registered
19 Posts
my dog LOVES avocado. we don't give her a lot but occasionally we give her it as a special treat.

also, we mix in mixed veggies (broccoli, carrots, cauliflower, green beans put in food processor) with her kibble and my vet says it's great and it's fine. i take her to a holistic vet.

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Obviously onions are fine in small quantities because before I knew of this list (I had only heard of chocolate) we would give the lab and bassett the leftovers from like pot roasts etc. (We call it slopping the hogs..
)It always had some onions in it...no harm to them.

·
Registered
17,659 Posts
Originally posted by tlunn@May 17 2005, 06:01 AM
Obviously onions are fine in small quantities because before I knew of this list (I had only heard of chocolate) we would give the lab and bassett the leftovers from like pot roasts etc. (We call it slopping the hogs..
)It always had some onions in it...no harm to them.

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=62802
[/QUOTE]

Actually, even a small amount of onions can be toxic, especially to a small Maltese. My vet specifically told me never to give Lady anything with onions in it, not even a little baby food with onion powder. I've attached a link to an article I've posted before that explains onion toxicity:

http://www.jlhweb.net/Boxermap/onions.html

1 - 10 of 10 Posts