Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm in Vegas, and Brad just called. He was very upset, and wanted me to know that wee little Bobby had ran out the slider while he was going out.

His heart was pounding as he chased after him. He caught him when he stopped at the bridge to smell something.

This is always my main concern with newbies, as they are not yet trained to stay. That is the first thing I teach them. Poor Brad, Bobby was only there for a day before I left. Bobby didn't know any better, and Brad was not expecting it, as it happened so quickly. And yep, I would have kicked Brad's ass.

I told Brad to gate off the area around the slider, as he does use it alot. With so many dogs, it does get overwhelming.

I will be home tomorrow afternoon. Then, LET THE TRAINING BEGIN!!!

·
Premium Member
24,019 Posts
OMG -- an escape artist. :w00t::w00t: I'm so relieved that Brad got him. Don't even want to think if he didn't. He must have felt so bad. Can't wait for you to get home.

·
Premium Member
17,343 Posts
I wonder if that's why/how he ended up in the shelter. Maybe he got out and was on the street. OMG -- how scary for Brad and for you. Glad he caught Bobby and that Bobby's safe. :)

·
Premium Member
16,777 Posts
I agree - let LBB teach him about boundaries.:two thumbs up:

·
Registered
7,034 Posts
I'm so glad Bobby got home unharmed. It only takes a second. Did I ever tell you the story of how I almost lost one of my rescues to alligators. Thankfully all ended well. Feel better and give all of guys a big hug when you get home.

·
Registered
4,140 Posts
I didn't know about Bobby...now how many is it you have? Will you be keeping him? What do you use to gate off the slider? I need something like that. Hope little Bobby learns quick that Deb's is the place to be!!:HistericalSmiley:

I'm in Vegas, and Brad just called. He was very upset, and wanted me to know that wee little Bobby had ran out the slider while he was going out.

His heart was pounding as he chased after him. He caught him when he stopped at the bridge to smell something.

This is always my main concern with newbies, as they are not yet trained to stay. That is the first thing I teach them. Poor Brad, Bobby was only there for a day before I left. Bobby didn't know any better, and Brad was not expecting it, as it happened so quickly. And yep, I would have kicked Brad's ass.

I told Brad to gate off the area around the slider, as he does use it alot. With so many dogs, it does get overwhelming.

I will be home tomorrow afternoon. Then, LET THE TRAINING BEGIN!!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts