Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Little C, at age one year and three months has finally learned a new command!!! It's like a miracle as I don't actually actively "train" her. Anyway, we were having popcorn last night. Well, I was--they have to wait until I'm finished before they get any of the popcorn I set aside for them. I told them to sit, and they did, in perfect unison. They each got a piece. Then, I looked at Sir N and said, "Sir N, lay!" He did, and he got his piece. I noticed that Little C seemed to be studying him and the situation, so without really any hope because I've tried this before, I looked at her and said, "Little C, lay!" And SHE DID!!!!

We continued to sit and lay until the popcorn was gone. Then, when she wanted to play ball, I made her sit or lay each time before I threw the ball...partly to see if she really knew what I was talking about and partly to practice.

She is rather full of herself and her new little trick. This morning, she climbed onto my chest (I was still lying in bed) threw the ball at my chin and plop! Her belly was on my belly. IT WAS SO CUTE!!!! Especially the look on her face....a look of smugness, like she knew that she was irresistable with that one little move.

Woo-hoo~! dances of joy abound in my house now~

·
Registered
7,621 Posts
Awhh.....you must be a proud mama.

-c

·
Registered
4,856 Posts
"She is rather full of herself and her new little trick. This morning, she climbed onto my chest (I was still lying in bed) threw the ball at my chin and plop! Her belly was on my belly. IT WAS SO CUTE!!!! Especially the look on her face....a look of smugness, like she knew that she was irresistable with that one little move."

What a cute mental picture that makes!! Way to go Little C!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts