Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a nice surprise when I went back to work after the lunch break: Little C's bag arrived. It's much bigger than I expected. (I can't visualize measurements.) However, it is the perfect size for Little C. It's roomy enough that she can easily turn around and even sprawl out somewhat.

I took some pictures of her in it but I refuse to post them as she looks mighty peeved. I was so excited to see her in it that I plunked her into it almost as soon as I got home and she wasn't finished with the Grand Celebration of Mommy's Coming Home. But, when I closed it up, she just curled up and waited to be let out. Didn't dig or anything. Keep in mind that she has only been put in a bag three other times and those times were when we were on an airplane. The last time was in December. So, I'm very proud of her. Tomorrow morning, I'll take more pictures and then post one of them (where she looks GOOD). That way she'll have a chance to get used to the smell and everything.

Oh, we got the bag from http://www.happytailpets.com/ , the Happy Tails Pet Boutique. Here's a link to her bag: http://www.happytailpets.com/product_details.asp?ItemID=488 We got the purple one. :D I can't wait to go somewhere with her in it!!! But, I can't imagine how those of you with heavier dogs do it! She's only 2 kilos and when I picked her up in that bag....man, HEA-VEEE! I can't imagine trying to carry Noodle in a bag like that. I may as well just rip my arm out its socket now to see how I like it!

Edited to remove stupid mistakes.

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
That bag is so cute. I'm glad it fits her. I know what you mean about heavy... I have the Celltei bag for Catcher and he weighs 7 pounds and him plus the bag is quite heavy. This is not something I could carry around like a purse. It is even too heavy to carry on my shoulder unless I want pain.

Approx. how much in pounds is 2 kilos... ?

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
2 kilos = 4.4 pounds. Not sure how heavy the bag is...think it is almost as heavy as Little C. (just tried holding each in one hand and being my own scales.)

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
*whispering* The grand But don't let Little C hear that....she likes to think of herself as itty bitty. -_-

My only disappointment is that the flower on the side is only a pocket. I thought that it was another little mesh window for Little C to get air and people watch. You can't tell just by looking at the bag...I assumed that's what it was. Also, it's not pictured on that site, but it has another mesh pocket on the opposite side of the bag. (flower side) It also has yet another outside mesh pocket on one end--the end that is opposite to the mesh flower that IS a window. So I don't need to worry about where to put my things (like a wallet, keys, inhaler, snacks, electronic dictionary, etc.) Though, that will certainly make it heavier! :D

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
CUTE!
Can't wait to see a picture of her in it!

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
I'm jealous! I like that bag.

·
Registered
447 Posts
I know what you mean about heavy, I got brit'ny the Juicy, which looks like that bag in shape/style, and it is HEAVY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have an airport approved bag that I just bought for our trip to san diego (roomier so she will be comfortable that long) and it is LIGHTER then the juicy and about twice the size, lol!

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Here she is in her new bag!

And another from the top.

And she wanted to show off her tail.

When trying very, very hard, Sir N is also able to squeeze himself into the bag, but I must say he looks ridiculous.

·
Registered
2,119 Posts
omg she looks too adorable in her new bag!!
i want that bag now lol.. maybe in PINK!
thanks for posting pics. i looove cookie, she's too cute.

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
OMG-that's all I can say.....
What a doll-that is the exact cut I want for Ruby and I'm using your picture to show my groomer....hope you don't mind if we copy.....
Toooooo adorable!! Everytime I see a picture of a puppy I always think there can't be another one cuter..then someone else puts their picture on....I love it!! She is a real doll!!

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Argh! I'm such an idiot! That first link I gave was wrong wrong wrong! I even gave the wrong name for the place where I got the bag!

Anyway, Little C stole my credit card and used it to go shopping at Happy Tails Pet Boutique which is REALLY at http://www.happytailpets.com/, not the place I said before.

And, I didn't know if I was just special,
, so I hadn't said this before, but apparently EVERYONE gets spoiled like this: the bag arrived with surprises inside! The dogs got some dog treats all wrapped up in pretty paper and they each got a beautiful flower hair pin. Sir N has staked claim to the purple one (he wants to match the bag) and Little C is very happy with the pink one (she's got a princess complex). They even got a cute little card written and signed by the Happy Tails Pet Boutique resident dogs and I got one from the owner with a rather alarming envelope that proclaimed, "Wow! My dog can lick envelopes!" I had tried to save it, but Little C got ahold of it and was obviously very attracted to the scent of the dog licker (hehehehe) and she shredded most the envelope before I realized what she was doing. The twerp.

Anyway, now I have BOTH of them begging me to do more shopping and Sir N really wants his own bag. He'll never get THAT as he's too heavy to be lugging around like that, but he's going to end up with something else from there eventually, that's for sure.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts