Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I WAS TRYING TO SEE ABOUT GETTING ANOTHER PUPPY FROM A SUPPOSEDLY REPUTABLE BREEDER AND SHE OFFERED ME A FREE FEMALE THAT SHE NO LONGER WANTED. I AGREED TO GO PICK HER UP AND I WAS SHOCKED AT WHAT I SAW. IT WAS A MINI PUPPY MILL. THIS LITTLE 5 LB DARLING WAS SO NEGLECTED AND UN SOCIALIZED SHE IS STILL SCARED AND II HAVE HAD HER ALMOST TWO WEEKS. SHE LIKES ME BUT SHE IS SUBMISSIVE AND SHAKES A LOT. SHE HAS TO SLEEP WITH ME OR SHE HOWLS ALL NIGHT. SHE WAS NAUSATED FROM HER 7 IN ONE SHOT LAST NIGHT SO I COULDN'T LET HER IN MY BED AND NEEDLESS TO SAY NIETHER OF US GOT MUCH SLEEP. I JUST WAS WONDERING HOW LONG IT WILL TAKE TO GAIN HER TRUST. SHE IS 5 AND WAS USED AS A BREEDING MACHINE HAVING MULTIPLE C-SECTIONS. I POSTED ABOUT HER ON THE MALTESE ONLY WEB SITE BUT GOT KICKED OFF FOR POSTING IN ALL CAPS AND CAN'T GET BACK ON.

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
Awww, bless her heart. That is wonderful you have taken her in. I imagine trust will come with time; time for her to realize that all your intentions are good and you are not going to hurt her. That makes me so angry and sad that some puppys have to live in that type of lifestyle, I guess it is the same way with some children today...really almost makes you sick what people can do to these little lives.

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
Why are you typing in all caps?

Anyway, it takes a long time because all she's known in her life is abuse. But, it's definitely worth the wait! Good luck with everything and welcome to the FRIENDLIER, FUNNER Maltese Forum!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
UNFORTUNATELY SHE BARLEY MEETS USDA STANDARDS ,WHICH ARE NOT VERY GOOD, AND THERE IS NOT A THING WE CAN DO ABOUT IT. I'VE CHECKED INTO IT. SOUTH EAST MISSOURI IS BAD FOR THIS KIND OF THING, AND ALTHOUGH WE THINK THE CONDITION IS VERY VERY BAD, THE WORSE CASES MAKE IT LOOK MORE DERSIRABLE. WE NEED TO TRY AND GET THE LICENCEING PLACES TO HAVE HIGHER STANDARDS.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Originally posted by ButterCloudandNoriko@Sep 30 2004, 10:39 PM
Why are you typing in all caps?

Anyway, it takes a long time because all she's known in her life is abuse.  But, it's definitely worth the wait!  Good luck with everything and welcome to the FRIENDLIER, FUNNER Maltese Forum!
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=10540
[/QUOTE]
I guess the caps lock was on.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You can now click on Lucy's page and view pics of her. I only have 2 right now, she doesn't like to sit still and look at me to get a picture made. she hides her face alot. She loves to sit by me with her head as close to me as she can get it. She is starting to lick my hand in the mornings now. I have noticed improvment in her, although we have a long way to go. Her and Sugar plays. She doesn't really care for the rowdy puppies though.

·
Registered
994 Posts
Originally posted by pattyspuppies@Sep 29 2004, 08:57 PM
I WAS TRYING TO SEE ABOUT GETTING ANOTHER PUPPY FROM A SUPPOSEDLY REPUTABLE BREEDER AND SHE OFFERED ME A FREE FEMALE THAT SHE NO LONGER WANTED.  I AGREED TO GO PICK HER UP AND I WAS SHOCKED AT WHAT I SAW.  IT WAS A MINI PUPPY MILL.  THIS LITTLE 5 LB DARLING WAS SO NEGLECTED AND UN SOCIALIZED  SHE IS STILL SCARED AND II HAVE HAD HER ALMOST TWO WEEKS.  SHE LIKES ME BUT SHE IS SUBMISSIVE AND SHAKES A LOT.  SHE HAS TO SLEEP WITH ME OR SHE HOWLS ALL NIGHT.  SHE WAS NAUSATED FROM HER 7 IN ONE SHOT LAST NIGHT SO I COULDN'T LET HER IN MY BED AND NEEDLESS TO SAY NIETHER OF US GOT MUCH SLEEP.  I JUST WAS WONDERING HOW LONG IT WILL TAKE TO GAIN HER TRUST.  SHE IS 5 AND WAS USED AS A BREEDING MACHINE HAVING MULTIPLE C-SECTIONS.  I POSTED ABOUT HER ON THE MALTESE ONLY WEB SITE BUT GOT KICKED OFF FOR POSTING IN ALL CAPS AND CAN'T GET BACK ON.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=10368
[/QUOTE]

all your babies are adorable good luck and god bless

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Originally posted by Maxismom+Oct 1 2004, 11:31 AM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-pattyspuppies
@Sep 29 2004, 08:57 PM
I WAS TRYING TO SEE ABOUT GETTING ANOTHER PUPPY FROM A SUPPOSEDLY REPUTABLE BREEDER AND SHE OFFERED ME A FREE FEMALE THAT SHE NO LONGER WANTED.  I AGREED TO GO PICK HER UP AND I WAS SHOCKED AT WHAT I SAW.  IT WAS A MINI PUPPY MILL.  THIS LITTLE 5 LB DARLING WAS SO NEGLECTED AND UN SOCIALIZED  SHE IS STILL SCARED AND II HAVE HAD HER ALMOST TWO WEEKS.  SHE LIKES ME BUT SHE IS SUBMISSIVE AND SHAKES A LOT.  SHE HAS TO SLEEP WITH ME OR SHE HOWLS ALL NIGHT.  SHE WAS NAUSATED FROM HER 7 IN ONE SHOT LAST NIGHT SO I COULDN'T LET HER IN MY BED AND NEEDLESS TO SAY NIETHER OF US GOT MUCH SLEEP.  I JUST WAS WONDERING HOW LONG IT WILL TAKE TO GAIN HER TRUST.  SHE IS 5 AND WAS USED AS A BREEDING MACHINE HAVING MULTIPLE C-SECTIONS.  I POSTED ABOUT HER ON THE MALTESE ONLY WEB SITE BUT GOT KICKED OFF FOR POSTING IN ALL CAPS AND CAN'T GET BACK ON.
all your babies are adorable good luck and god bless
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=10619
[/B][/QUOTE]
Thank you

·
Registered
323 Posts
Lucy is so lucky to have you, I wish there was something that could be done about her previous owner that is awful, but at least Lucy will live out the remainder of her life in a loving home-yahoo way to go Patty... She looks so sweet in the pics, your babies are beautiful also...lucky you...

·
Registered
831 Posts
Lucy has an adorable face and those big black eyes are beautiful.

Thank God you came into her life

·
Registered
260 Posts
Lucy is darling and those great big eyes...what a doll!
Your other babies are darling too.
She is sooo lucky you came along.

Just love her a bunch and she will come around. It sounds like she has had hardly any love and kindness -_- ...like you say, just a breeding maching. That is sooo terrible. What a way to treat an animal. They have feelings too and they hurt.
Thank you for being there.

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
LUCKY LUCY! She's beautiful. I don't understand how breeders come to this point! I mean, don't you get a puppy because you want to love them and all? What made them start to abuse them like so? Does any amount of money justify you treating them so badly? I honestly wouldnt mind breeding my Noriko (but I won't), since it is a natural process and all. But, you need to take care of them! Shoot, I expect a CRAP load of TLC from my bf, family, and friends if I ever have a baby! Can you imagine if YOU were like Lucy? If you were a baby making machine?!?! They say that giving birth is the WORST pain ever! So they have to endure that AND having more than one per liter like 2-3 times a yr! And worst of all, you treat them so badly that they're scared of you. What kind of life is that!?!?!

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Wow! Lucy is just gorgeous and I've never seen such big, beautiful eyes....she's just a knockout! Your heart is so big that I know Lucy will be fine in time. She's going to learn to do what she was born to do.....be a Spoiled Maltese.

·
Registered
831 Posts
maxismom, if you go to the fist post she has a dogster page link for Lucy :D

·
Registered
6,614 Posts
Originally posted by pattyspuppies@Sep 29 2004, 08:56 PM
[/QUOTE]
awww... this is so depressing...
When i see her picture it makes me soo upset that people did that do her. I couldnt imagin treating any dog like that... especially a Maltese! They are such little people.. when it comes to their personality! I hope and pray that you are successful with this beautiful darling. Bless your heart for even taking the little one in! Ohh and about MO kicking you off... their rules are soo immature and petty over there.. -_-
Kodie and I send our love!
Keep us updated!!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts