Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Peechie is a 1 1/2. She is basically fully potty trained. Once in a great, great while a little mistake. During the day I leave her in a pen area with a pee pee padd. Yesterday when I came home I started to lift her to put her on her pee pee pad. Before I made it to the pad she started peeing while I was holding her. I said, no while she was doing this then I moved her to her pad and told her thats where we do pee pees. Believe it or not when I was changing her pad afterwards she did a little tinkle on the floor.
Do you think its because she's so excited see me!!!! This is a new mistake!!! Any ideas????

Peechie's Mom - Karen

·
Registered
9,288 Posts
Is she urinating right when you come in and she's all excited and wiggling all over? This is usually a form of submissive urination and the easiest way to end it is to start a new coming home routine where you ignore the dog for a few minutes and then calmly greet them.

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Originally posted by JMM@Jun 23 2005, 08:43 PM
Is she urinating right when you come in and she's all excited and wiggling all over? This is usually a form of submissive urination and the easiest way to end it is to start a new coming home routine where you ignore the dog for a few minutes and then calmly greet them.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=74788
[/QUOTE]
Believe it or not that hasn't happened since that day. She's fine now she goes pee pee on her pee pad. I quess that day she was over excited for some reason. So far no more mistakes.

Peechie's Mom - Karen

1 - 3 of 3 Posts