Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Cici was just diagnosed yesterday with liver cancer. I’m devastated and heartbroken. Her skin is yellow and gums are pale. She is weak, but still hanging on and sometimes she even seems normal. We opted for keeping her home with medications for the symptoms (appetite stimulant, probiotics, inflammation reducer, anti-vomiting medication).

I have been doing a lot of research, and I want to give her organic homemade meals with natural supplements. Has anyone been in this situation before and does anyone have any recipes/suggestions? I know it will not cure her, but hopefully help her body in some way to not feel as bad and maybe prolong her life a bit more?

She has always been a super picky eater her whole life. Right now she won’t eat rice, pasta, carrots, or potatoes. She only eats the chicken breast, but I’m thinking of blending the food together instead.

Dog Dog breed Carnivore Wood Flooring

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi Cici’s mum, I am so sorry to hear your baby has diagnosed liver cancer. I have checked some special diet for her condition in other languages. It advise give her little amount of rice with food is good. Also as a picky eater, you could try blend some vegetables(steamed first) with chicken and fish(salmon), baking them in the tray then cut in small pieces. Also you could try to give her some yogurt(baby’s yogurt may be a good option) or goat milk. You could also give multivitamin powder in her food to make sure the meal with right nutrition balance. Hope this could help.

·
Super Moderator
Walter & Casper with Lucky (forever in my heart).
10,166 Posts
Many of the vet schools have nutritional staff and (for a fee) offer dietary regimens. I am sorry Cici is going through this. You will want to avoid foods that are fatty or have a lot of protein. Low fat frozen yogurt might be very tempting to her. Good luck.

Reactions: mss
1 - 3 of 3 Posts