Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today we received devastating news about our Molly. We were told she has cirrhosis of the liver. We were devastated, to say the least. She is only 7 months, and is so active and playful. There is not much info out there. Has anyone else experienced this, and if so, any info you have would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
3,261 Posts
Omg, I am so sorry to hear this, what horrible news, I dont know muh about this, but I wish Molly the best

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
:eek: OMG!

I am so sorry to hear that!
What were the syptoms? How did you know?
What happens now?

Is that the same as the liver problems that are typical in the breed? Anyone know if that is the same thing?

·
Registered
17,045 Posts
Oh what horrible news. We are so sorry. We will keep you in our thoughts and prayers.

·
Registered
4,035 Posts
I'm so sorry to hear about Molly. I'm sorry I dont' have any info, but I'm sure someone knows about it. I will keep you and Molly in my prayers

·
Registered
13,097 Posts
Originally posted by Mollysdad@Sep 26 2005, 08:36 PM
Today we received devastating news about our Molly.  We were told she has cirrhosis of the liver.  We were devastated, to say the least.  She is only 7 months, and is so active and playful.  There is not much info out there.  Has anyone else experienced this, and if so, any info you have would be greatly appreciated.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=103719
[/QUOTE]

I am so sorry to hear of the liver problem Molly has been dx with. Here are some links that might give you some info: Also has the vet suggested giving Molly the supplement ,SamE, for liver support? and/or Milk Thistle? Maybe you could contact an hollistic vet that might help with supplements?

http://www.peteducation.com/search_action.cfm?cls=0

http://www.vetinfo.com/dliver.html#Liver%20disease

http://www.vetinfo.com/dcirrhosis.html#Cir...f%20the%20liver

Please know I will be keeping little Molly in my prayers. Good to know she seems to be feeling well!! If I find any more info I will post it.
Terry, Angel Missy, and Nadia

·
Registered
776 Posts
I am so sorry for you and Molly. I am thinking of you and wishing for the best. (Jack is 7 months old too, so I am especially upset about your sad news...)

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
I am so sorry to hear of your sad news. If I heard that I know that I would be devastated. I hope someone here has something encouraging for you. In the meantime you and Molly will be in our prayers. Take care!

·
Registered
17,659 Posts
I am so sorry to hear about Molly. I have pretty limited knowledge of liver disease, but unfortunately Maltese are prone to it. It is my impression that cirrhosis is a result of a liver shunt or other liver disease. What is the prognosis for Molly?

Hopefully, JMM will see this post or you might want to pm her. She is our expert here in liver disease since she's had 2 Maltese with it. She knows which vets to go to (Cornell & U of Tennesee), what tests to have done, etc. Kodie's mom is also dealing with liver disease. I believe she takes Kodie to Cornell.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts