Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Premium Member
21,119 Posts
Well, I am just thrilled with the good news from the vet and of your plans for Margie and Loca.

I'm a very practical person (borrrr-ing) but you know Margie and how she might react to such a surprise gift. Oh, I would also include a book on how to raise a puppy! And a crate. IMHO, I wouldn't introduce her to Loca until the bile acids test results are in.

I think I would ask her if you could come visit... that you have a little friend you'd like her to meet. Then bring the puppy in but without all the goodies and see how she reacts. Then, after they have bonded a little bit you can share the good news that this little puppy is hers and then bring in the goodies, etc.

I also suggest a puppy play pen... it'll make things so much easier on Margie... There are a few threads here on SM about them...

Keep us posted!!!

· Premium Member
21,119 Posts
Originally posted by dhodina@May 3 2005, 11:35 AM
I did a test call last night.  I called Margie and asked her if she would mind keeping Tunny while I went to San Diego for Pyxis training next week.  She was thrilled to have him and said she had been thinking about getting a dog.  I have a crate for her.  I don't use the one I bought for Tunder so she can have that one.  I know that they have always had a dog but their last dog a basset hound passed away her husband had already been diagnosed so they never got another.  I feel so good.  I wish I could explain, she helped me so much when I was learning the "corporate" way of things all those years ago.  LoL now I am as thick skinned as they come but back then the old boys network scared the heck out of me.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=59222
[/QUOTE]

Oh... that is great.... I didn't realize she was already a "dog person"!

I know what you mean about the "good ole boys' club".... and an assistant can make or break you.... some can be back stabbers, etc.... So, it is great that her loyalty can be rewarded. (I'm very lucky that the company I work for is owned by a woman.)

· Premium Member
21,119 Posts
Originally posted by dhodina@May 3 2005, 02:22 PM
She is back in her playpen in the corner of my office.  It is amazing I get any work done w/ everyone coming in to say hi to her.  She is a fiesty lil girl though,  anyone else have a puppy who likes to pull hair?  She will latch on to your hair if she can and hang there til you drag her off.  We get the final acid bile results from the vet tomorrow morning.  I am going to hold off going to Margie's til I get the results.  I want to be sure that lil miss thang is healthy.  I look like I walked thru the jungle w/ all the scratches on my arms, neck and chest from her.  I am going to pick up my pictures after work tonight so everyone can ms. loca.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=59281
[/QUOTE]
Glad things are going well so far...... I sure hope the bile acid test is A-OK...

Yep... mine pull hair, too! In fact, last night Catcher was sleeping on my pillow above my head and I remember waking up to my hair being yanked... Ouch!

· Premium Member
21,119 Posts
Originally posted by dhodina@May 3 2005, 03:44 PM
Makes you really appreciate our nice, sedate adult dogs, huh?

Here's hoping that she passes her bile acids test with flying colors!
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=59328
[/QUOTE]

Your telling me!!!! Tunny is sooooooo much easier to deal with.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=59330
[/B][/QUOTE]

Even my Kallie rolls her eyes at my baby Catcher.... Last night I thought they were awfully quiet and went in to the dining room and Catcher was chewing on a dining room chair
and Kallie was just lying nearby with a look on her face, like.... "Gee aren't these puppies a pain." But actually, I don't mind puppies at all. I did with my first Maltese, Rosebud. I had a hard time dealing with her puppy antics because it was so new to me. Now that I am "seasoned" I really love being around puppies....

· Premium Member
21,119 Posts
I couldn't wait to see your post... my heart was practically stopped as I read it... I am just totally thrilled at the good news!!!! There isn't even a smiley that can adequately express my joy!!

· Premium Member
21,119 Posts
Gosh, this is one for the books... And all this happened in what... 5 days! I love that feeling of doing something good for someone. It's like a major high! When I am in the position to do that I sometimes feel selfish because helping others feels so darn good that I feel guilty for it!!

This is something you can look back on for years to come and get a glow just thinking about it!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.