Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I'm running to the post office today trying to get a carrier overnighted to someone that has to fly out tomorrow. Very rushed, and a little frazzeled.

The girls generally always go with us wherever we go. I was in a complete rush and it was a very hot day in Texas today, we drive a black SUV. So I get to the post office and run in to see if I can get this package overnighted and was planning on running back out to the car to get the rest of our mail when I got finished. It's hot and I don't want to leave the girls in the black car in the sun even with the windows rolled down for more than a minute or two... so I seal up all the windows, crank the A/C leave the car running, and head into the Post office...

When I get back......

Gucci (I'm sure) got all excited jumping up and down on the door and hit the "LOCK" button that locks up the whole car. Luckily the A/C was all the way up and I had plenty of gas... so... as the girls sat there in their Air Conditioned chariot, having a great time barking at whoever walked into the post office (we were in the very front spot) I got to sit out in the Texas Sun for about 45 minutes waiting on the LockSmith to get there, and explaining to about 20 people that ... yes the A/C was on in the car, and yes, I would break the glass if the girls needed me to, as everyone looked at me like I was the anti-christ for locking my babies in the car.

:sigh..

Just wanted to share

Casey

·
Registered
447 Posts
OMYGOSH! LOL that is funny (now that its over!)

LOL, I just went to the Post Office the other day too (in Euless) and I brought Brit in with me (just needed some stamps) and they said "NO PETS" that is the first time Brit'ny has not been welcomed..

Glad your babies are okay! (and you too!)

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
:D that is one of those stories that is funny after the fact...but I am sure was very nerve racking while it was happening. Thats just plain awful for anyone to blame u for locking ur baby's in the car. Anyone who has a dog knows you want them to stay comfortable...so u left the AC on, and they should also know it doesn't take much for a dog to get excited and jump around causing the doors to lock. I can majorly see Caesar doing something like this! haha

Glad the girls got out safely :D.

·
Registered
994 Posts
Thank god the a/c was on!
When i am driving Maxi likes to stand on my lap and put his head out the window
i get nervous because im afriad he is going to put his paw on one of the buttons and the thought of it closing on his head sends chills down my spine i am trying to get him to sit in the seat but he is a stubborn one

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
Maxismom: My parent's dog did that one time! It was so scary because we didn't realize it for 20 seconds on so. Luckily she was okay.

In my car I am lucky because the power window buttons are on the center console. When Lexi is in my mom's Grand Cherokee we always use the power window lock.

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
honestly---i think its better to lock the dogs up in the car than to have someone open the door and steal them. i think we're pretty lucky because 1-theres always at least 2 people out with the dogs and 2-we have those code things on the side of the driver door so i guess (i havent tried it) if the dogs lock themselves in, i would think i could use it.

how were chanel and gucci when you were outside and they were inside for the 45 minutes?
sprite goes crazy if she cant touch me. lol. im glad everything went great though!!! you should get an extra key made to carry in your pocket so then you can lock them in with the a/c on. or even one of those boxes that you can put above the tire. im thinking of doing that. anyway, im glad you shared that story, it totally reminded me of getting an extra key made!

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
im so glad that ur babies are fine!
i get so nervous when i have to leave my jong-ee in my car even for 2 seconds..she gets so frantic when im not with her in the car..

right where the side brakes are in the middle of the front seats, i have my emergency light button..if i park my car leave her in there for a few seconds (of course not on a sunny hot day, i usually leave her in the car at night time only when i need to) and come back my car is the only car thats parked in the parking lot and has its emergency lights on flashing by itself... she gets so frantic she jumps and moves around in the front seats and always steps on the emergency button..sometimes she turns it off by herself too if she moves around more.

once i left her in my bf's suv (same car make as mine so has the same emergency button in the middle of the seats) while i was in 7-11..suddenly while i was looking for a drink with my bf we heard a car alarm go off and it was real loud..i knew it was jong-ee..

sometimes if i dont have her crate with me while im driving i have to cover the button with my right hand the whole time im driving so she doesnt press it while im driving..she stepped on the button a lot of times while i was driving on the middle of the street but usually she calms down after a while and just sleeps during the whole time.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts