Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I posted a question this summer questioning whether or not my Maltese Molly was Albino. I love her so much I got myself ANOTHER Maltese so she will have a little friend. Her name is MILLIE. She was born on July 10th while Molly was born on Feb 14th. They have the same Dad and their Mom's are sisters. I am adding a picture so you can see why I am questioning if Molly is Albino. Molly is absolutely georgeous and her eyes are so pale pink she looks human around her eyes. We took her to Niagara Falls this summer and we had to leave early because Molly was getting so much attention. People kept asking us if she was Albino? I told them I wasn't certain. Also should I now change my handle to Molly's and Millie's Mom? LOL. I also posted pictures of my puppies in the Gallery.

Attachments

·
Banned
1,869 Posts
Hi I remember you! Welcome back!

Your babies are so sweet and adorable! Oh they must love each other - so sweet.

I'm sure that someone will be along and will be able to help you -

Best wishes.

Allie

·
Premium Member
10,319 Posts
They both are adorable and I love their picture that you posted!!!:wub:

I am still CeeCee's Mom even though I have added Rain. I just left it alone. It is really up to you~~~~

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
I posted a question this summer questioning whether or not my Maltese Molly was Albino. I love her so much I got myself ANOTHER Maltese so she will have a little friend. Her name is MILLIE. She was born on July 10th while Molly was born on Feb 14th. They have the same Dad and their Mom's are sisters. I am adding a picture so you can see why I am questioning if Molly is Albino. Molly is absolutely georgeous and her eyes are so pale pink she looks human around her eyes. We took her to Niagara Falls this summer and we had to leave early because Molly was getting so much attention. People kept asking us if she was Albino? I told them I wasn't certain. Also should I now change my handle to Molly's and Millie's Mom? LOL. I also posted pictures of my puppies in the Gallery.
She's darling... I would tend to say yes myself...she is definitely lacking in pigment. Be sure to protect her from the sun... so cute! :)

·
Registered
13,097 Posts
Congratulations on your addition of little Millie! so cute!:wub:..and little Molly is so precious! I love her 'uniqueness' .. it makes her 'extra-special':wub:
i went to see your album and they look like they really enjoy each other!

·
Premium Member
3,223 Posts
Yes, she does look like she may have "partial albinism" and as others have said be very careful with her and the sun. That light pigment could cause her problems.

Otherwise enjoy your babies. It is awesome to watch them become great friends. :)

·
Registered
148 Posts
It is very hard to see in the picture, but usually, albino animals have pink/red eyes because of the lack of pigment in their eyes. Since there is no color in their eyes, you can see right through to the vessels (which are red/pink from the blood). She looks like she has light brown eyes but i cant see very clearly. I hope that helps

·
Registered
198 Posts
I read that Albino Maltese thread link and there is something on there I disagree with. I am in school in the medical field and I am currently in a disease and disorders class. If I remember correctly, albinos can have pale pink or pale blue eyes. Either is acceptable and either can be present in a "true albino". There are two main types of albinism: oculocutaneous albinism (meaning eyes and skin) and ocular, which is where only the eyes lack pigment. There are also different degrees of albinism with different levels of pigmentation but they are all "albino". I know that on that thread, Dr. Jamie said differently and if she is a true doctor, then she is probably right but the above is what I was taught in class....?

Your pups are both very, very cute!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts