Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hope this isn't a dumb question, but the last couple of days we have noticed that Belle has a small wad (similar to fur ball on cat) of her hair in her mouth chewing away. We haven't caught her chewing on her actual coat so I don't know how or when/where she is getting them. I comb and brush her everyday, her hair is around 5/6 inches long. Is this unusual? She has plenty of chew toys. Right now she is lying beside me chewing on a nylabone. Should I be concerned? I hope she isn't trying to tell me she wants her hair short. Thanks. ~ Jackie

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Originally posted by Kodie@Nov 16 2005, 05:18 PM
I dunno... 
  Kodie has been pulling his hair!  I have no idea why either...
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=120396
[/QUOTE]
Thanks! I noticed that people viewed but didn't respond so I felt like maybe I was really stupid to post it. It's probably no big deal, but everything that Belle does that seems strange to me, get's me concerned there is something going on.
I appreciate you posting! I feel better already. Since both our babies have liver problems you probably understand. That and this is my first baby other than my skin kids.

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
For some reason, this post only just now came up as a new post for me! Once in a while I'll see Kallie pulling on the hair of her tail and chewing on it. It is fairly rare but I am sort of curious why she would do that.

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
I've been meaning to respond to this. I have a bad habit of opening sm without time to actually read, and when I come back all the view news are gone and I've forgotten!

Phoebe has had this happen a couple of times, but whats not to expect from my little tomboy wild child
She actually gets this hair from the long hair around her mouth. How do I know this? Well, twice I have caught her with it STILL ATTACHED and she was gagging a bit one time because it wouldn't go down and it wouldn't go up. TMI I know

Maybe its like biting their nails or whatever (Phoebe does that too
)

·
Registered
776 Posts
Jack never chews his own hair, but he's ALWAYS finding my long-blond-hair-balls on the floor and eating those
ICK!! I know he does because often I see long dingleberries in his poo all strung together with my hair -_-

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Originally posted by JMM@Nov 18 2005, 04:03 PM
Is it from the long hair around her face? I banded that hair a lot to keep that from happening. It also helped grow nice long facial furnishings.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=121038
[/QUOTE]
I think you are probably right. I need to go and look up the post on banding. Thanks!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts