Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Premium Member
24,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
dh is watching TV I'm in my sewing room/office on SM when I hear aloud ping sound. I ask dh if he heard it, he said no, then he went and opened our slider to walk out in the back yard, LOOK what we found:w00t: dh was just outside watering plants, nice hot day, slight breeze and apparently a wind came up from the south, took hold of the umbrella and . ..:w00t: :crying:what am I going to do without my table:unsure: how weird is that? Flower baskets are fine,
Quick check around neigbors yards everything looks perfect, very strange

·
Registered
744 Posts
WOW!! Major suckage! Thank God no one was out there and got hurt! Maybe the place where you bought the table can order a new piece of glass for you??

·
Premium Member
24,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I think we might just get another one when they have their sell at the end of Summer, it was just a shock to see what a gust of wind can do.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Are you sure the wind broke the glass??? We had a table top "explode" several years ago from the sun. Yep...it got too hot and just shattered. I ended up having my husband cut a new top from wood and I painted it for that year (actually looked very pretty...colorful parrots with a bright border)...no more glass top tables for my deck!!

·
Registered
5,880 Posts
Oh my gosh! I can't believe that actually happened to your table. So do you think when the umbrella got picked up by the wind it smashed the table glass? It's a good thing no one was out there when it happened and hopefully you were able to get it all cleaned up by now. Check for summer sales now on patio furniture, I've noticed Walmart is already clearancing their sets. :)

·
Registered
6,958 Posts
Are you sure the wind broke the glass??? We had a table top "explode" several years ago from the sun. Yep...it got too hot and just shattered. I ended up having my husband cut a new top from wood and I painted it for that year (actually looked very pretty...colorful parrots with a bright border)...no more glass top tables for my deck!!
I was thinking along the same line - I haven't had it happen to me, but I have heard of it happening before - due to heat.

Your painted table-top sounds lovely!

Although it will be more maintenance, I'm thinking of upgrading my current outdoor set (which is glass topped) to a wooden set when summer comes around .... there is currently no shelter in my yard for a table, which will mean I will need to oil it (or whatever you do) to protect it from the elements, but I think it will be worth it in the long run.

Paula, please be careful clearing up that horrible mess!!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts