·
Premium Member
Sandi-- w/Kitzel (Kitzi) & Lisel (Lisi)
18,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dog White Vertebrate Dog breed Carnivore

·
Super Moderator
Walter & Casper with Lucky (forever in my heart).
10,140 Posts
What an adorable picture. How long is Sven staying with you.

·
Premium Member
18,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
He was here for Easter. They had to come a day later as he had a "tummy bug." Dwt. got sick after dinner Easter Sunday (we had our entire family & another local couple who are our best friends in Austin). On Mon. our SIL came down sick & Karin was not feeling well as of Good Friday. Today I got word that Sven's mom is covid positive so Karin & D tested & both are positive! Now we are doing PCR tests but it will be another day before we know if results are valid. I tested at home tonight & I am still clean. Sven's mom is still convinced he had a "tummy bug" instead of covid but I think the jury is still out. He was not well for about 5 days & vomited --- only the 2nd time in his 2 1/2 yrs. He was still very sweet even when he did not feel well.

·
Super Moderator
10,140 Posts
He was here for Easter. They had to come a day later as he had a "tummy bug." Dwt. got sick after dinner Easter Sunday (we had our entire family & another local couple who are our best friends in Austin). On Mon. our SIL came down sick & Karin was not feeling well as of Good Friday. Today I got word that Sven's mom is covid positive so Karin & D tested & both are positive! Now we are doing PCR tests but it will be another day before we know if results are valid. I tested at home tonight & I am still clean. Sven's mom is still convinced he had a "tummy bug" instead of covid but I think the jury is still out. He was not well for about 5 days & vomited --- only the 2nd time in his 2 1/2 yrs. He was still very sweet even when he did not feel well.
I hope the test come back negative. Is Sven around a lot of people? The numbers have been rising here, but vaccination rates are really high (90%), so most people get mild symptoms. In fact that is one of the problems, people don't realize they have it and are carrying it around. Pioneer valley has a younger population and lower vaccination rates so it is probably spreading faster there.

Hope D feels better soon.

·
Registered
Kathy & Pipper
6,139 Posts
I hope everyone gets well soon and you don't get sick Sandi. We didn't get together with our family because there is so much covid around and I'm sure glad we didn't. My daughter's family came down with covid on Easter Sunday. My grandson spent his birthday sick. I saw them for a few minutes on Saturday but we were outdoors and kept our distance so I hope that was good enough. Have you had a 4th dose? Hubby and I get our 4th doses on May 3rd so I hope we can stay covid free in the meantime and I hope the 4th doses offer more protection.

·
Premium Member
18,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Our youngest daughter just had positive PCR come back so now waiting on Dwight's & other daughter. So far I am good!

·
Premium Member
18,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
So we now have 3 positive PCR tests & waiting on Marco's to come back (he tested positive today on home antigen test already). Sven & J both had "tummy bugs" when they were here. Our friend from Austin who had Easter w/us is waiting for her PCR to come back. I may be the only one left standing soon!

·
Registered
Kathy & Pipper
6,139 Posts
So we now have 3 positive PCR tests & waiting on Marco's to come back (he tested positive today on home antigen test already). Sven & J both had "tummy bugs" when they were here. Our friend from Austin who had Easter w/us is waiting for her PCR to come back. I may be the only one left standing soon!
Sandi, I'm so worried right now. My daughter who came down with covid last Sunday had it similar to the flu all week and now got really sick overnight. Her fever was up to 105. Her husband is trying to convince her to go to emerg but she's being stubborn and I'm so so worried. She's a teacher and contracted it at school while wearing an N95 mask and being triple vaccinated. She is always extremely careful because her oldest daughter has cystic fibrosis. The rest of her family only had mild symptoms.

·
Premium Member
18,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I am so sorry Kathy! It would be good for her to use an oximeter to make sure her oxygen levels are ok. That is very important. I know about not wanting to go the the ER as I am like that myself. I don't like losing control. LOL Anyway please let us know how things go & if I go missing from here say a prayer for me----I am not sure how I have evaded this so far---meanness maybe?:p

·
Registered
Kathy & Pipper
6,139 Posts
I am so sorry Kathy! It would be good for her to use an oximeter to make sure her oxygen levels are ok. That is very important. I know about not wanting to go the the ER as I am like that myself. I don't like losing control. LOL Anyway please let us know how things go & if I go missing from here say a prayer for me----I am not sure how I have evaded this so far---meanness maybe?:p
I just talked to her husband and he said her fever finally broke. She woke up sweating and soaked so hopefully she will start feeling better. You might be like her husband and her 12 year old ( the one who has CF). They never got any symptoms and her other 2 kids just had symptoms like a really bad cold. So strange how this virus works. Can't wait to get my 4th dose in 10 more days. I will keep my fingers crossed for you that you stay symptomless..

·
Registered
Kathy & Pipper
6,139 Posts
Sandi how are you today. I really hope you don't get this nasty virus. My daughter's husband took her to emerg in the middle of the night because she was having so much trouble breathing. They put her on steroids and puffers. Lungs, heart and oxygen levels were all good, it's just the inflammation in the airways causing the trouble breathing. She's a young, healthy, triple vaccinated person and she's still so sick.

·
Super Moderator
10,140 Posts
Sandi how are you today. I really hope you don't get this nasty virus. My daughter's husband took her to emerg in the middle of the night because she was having so much trouble breathing. They put her on steroids and puffers. Lungs, heart and oxygen levels were all good, it's just the inflammation in the airways causing the trouble breathing. She's a young, triple vaccinated person and she's still so sick.
Kathy, I am sorry. I am sure she will be better quickly once the inflammation goes down.

·
Registered
Kathy & Pipper
6,139 Posts
Kathy, I am sorry. I am sure she will be better quickly once the inflammation goes down.
She just texted me and she said she literally thought she was dying. She couldn't breathe. That just breaks my heart. No parent wants to think of their child that scared, doesn't matter how old the child is.

·
Super Moderator
10,140 Posts
She just texted me and she said she literally thought she was dying. She couldn't breathe. That just breaks my heart. No parent wants to think of their child that scared, doesn't matter how old the child is.
One of the scariest feelings has to be feeling you can't breath. The ER would have admitted her if they felt that the steroid course wasn't way to go. I get gout and when I do I have to take a few days of steroids. They take several hours before I even think they are beginning to work and a goid day when I really feel relief. I hope she is better soon.

Reactions: pippersmom

·
Premium Member
18,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
So today I tested positive on the antigen home test so went to the pharmacy for a PCR test which should come back by Tues. I did go back to bed this morning (I never do that but Kitzi had a rough night again last night & so I did as well)). I have felt better & I have felt worse but this is the beginning as I was negative yesterday. The worst part for me are the sharp nerve pains. So far no fever. Dwight says it gets worse but we will see!

·
Registered
Kathy & Pipper
6,139 Posts
So today I tested positive on the antigen home test so went to the pharmacy for a PCR test which should come back by Tues. I did go back to bed this morning (I never do that but Kitzi had a rough night again last night & so I did as well)). I have felt better & I have felt worse but this is the beginning as I was negative yesterday. The worst part for me are the sharp nerve pains. So far no fever. Dwight says it gets worse but we will see!
Oh Sandi, I'm worried for you. My daughter is so sick and it kept getting worse day after day. I really hope you don't get it too bad.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts