Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 20 of 96 Posts

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My mom took some pictures of him. He is just so friendly he jumped right into my moms car when she called him. He is dirty and matted as expected from being out on the streets. He has a collar but no tags. He has been loose in the neighboorhood since friday. The last picture is of him with me this morning in the car. I dropped him off at the groomers I figured that would be a good starting point.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,747 Posts
I really really hope his owners are actually looking for him and not that he has been abandoned. Poor little guy, he must be so scared and hungry if he's been wandering since Friday. I know if it was me who had lost my dog I would be frantic and nothing would calm me down until I found him

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Oh, he is really a cutie. Has he been checked for a microchip?
I have not gotten him checked yet for a microchip. I wanted him to be fresh and clean and then I will drop by the vets office to get him checked for a microchip.

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I really really hope his owners are actually looking for him and not that he has been abandoned. Poor little guy, he must be so scared and hungry if he's been wandering since Friday. I know if it was me who had lost my dog I would be frantic and nothing would calm me down until I found him
He was a little scared but he just followed my mom everywhere. She feed him and he slept very comfortable. He was a little skinny but nothing some TLC cant take care of. I agree I would be frantic also I would be posting flyiers everywhere.

·
Registered
4,174 Posts
How cute :) So glad your mom stopped! I always pray that if Gus or Gracie got lost (heaven forbid!) someone would stop for them!

You could call the local animal shelters and see if anyone has reported a missing dog.

Also check craigslist. A lot of people will post missing dog ads there.

·
Registered
3,339 Posts
Awwwwwwwwwww..... I am so happy that he ran into you and your mom. Hopefully the vet will find a micro chip and he can be returned to his owner. Have you called the local shelters to see if the owner reported him missing?

·
Premium Member
24,006 Posts
Gosh did he find the right person!!! I agree about Craig's List. I remember rescue finding a pup in NM and I found the owners on Craig's List and they were able to reunite him. Google Craig's List in your area and lost and found pets or even Maltese in that. Good luck either way and thanks for saving him.

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Maybe it's fate, Becky! But if you decide you want to find him a new home, I'm happy to help you network him, I'm from Houston too. Please post his post grooming pix!! How big is he?

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Maybe it's fate, Becky! But if you decide you want to find him a new home, I'm happy to help you network him, I'm from Houston too. Please post his post grooming pix!! How big is he?
I will defenitly post his pictures. He is ready at the groomers so I will be headed to pick him up shortly. He is a little bit bigger than Bailey I am gonna assume he is a maltipoo because his hair is wavy.

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Gosh did he find the right person!!! I agree about Craig's List. I remember rescue finding a pup in NM and I found the owners on Craig's List and they were able to reunite him. Google Craig's List in your area and lost and found pets or even Maltese in that. Good luck either way and thanks for saving him.

I have already looked thru craigslist and I have not found any posting for a lost dog :( in my moms area.

·
Registered
2,719 Posts
You know what, both of you rock! After reading the other post about Rosie and feeling all sad, you two have restored my faith in people and how we treat animals. Thank you...and can't wait to see cleaned up pictures (and hope really bad that Bailey likes him!).

·
Premium Member
2,687 Posts
You know what, both of you rock! After reading the other post about Rosie and feeling all sad, you two have restored my faith in people and how we treat animals. Thank you...and can't wait to see cleaned up pictures (and hope really bad that Bailey likes him!).
I'm with Laura! I am always saying how horrible people are and how can people be like but then you realize there are so many wonderful people, like Becky and her Mom for picking this boy up, and Celeta for offering to help if he needs to find a home. I can't wait to see in him all cleaned up. He is cute dirty so I'm sure he is going to be so adorable all groomed!! :wub:

·
Premium Member
17,350 Posts
I would also be careful about advertising lost dog---you need some kind of proof of who his real owner is.

·
Registered
367 Posts
I have a friend who found an elderly Bichon. She too looked everywhere for the owners. It makes me ill to think someone just discards them but they can't tell you where they've been. How does this happen? So sad. My friend had Angel for a couple years. She loved her so much she immediately adopted another one.I can't wait to see the after pictures of this cutie.

1 - 20 of 96 Posts