Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

Looking for a grooming table

1K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  charmypoo 
#1 ·
Hi! I've been considering getting a grooming table for the girls for their brushing and topknots because its hard to get them leave each other alone while i'm brushing. We've been using the washing machine top with a towel on it, but I think its time for an upgrade. I'm thinking about this table because its supposed to weigh about ten pounds, fold flat for storage, and be 34" tall with a non-slip surface. What do you think? Do you have a favorite table?

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
I got my grooming table from Petedge about 4 years ago and it is one of the best purchases I ever made. I honestly thought I'd keep it folded up and only take it out to blow dry Lady after her bath or when I clipped her. I quickly realized how indispensible it was and leave it up all the time. I use it at least once a day.

Mine is the Petedge brand and I paid $45 for it on sale. I think it was normally $50. It was worth every penny I paid for it!

#6 ·
My only concern about table that small would be if it has enough room for brushes, combs and maybe a duck-type hair dryer.

I have one of those organizers to hold all Lady's grooming tools, but when I am actually grooming her. I keep everything laid out on the table. I would not dare take my eyes off her for even a second while she's up so high.

By the time I've laid out the brushes and combs, the Ice on Ice, her bow, maybe the small clippers, it gets pretty full!

#7 ·
Originally posted by LadysMom@Nov 18 2005, 02:25 PM
My only concern about table that small would be if it has enough room for brushes, combs and maybe a duck-type hair dryer.

I have one of those organizers to hold all Lady's grooming tools, but when I am actually grooming her. I keep everything laid out on the table. I would not dare take my eyes off her for even a second while she's up so high.

By the time I've laid out the brushes and combs, the Ice on Ice, her bow, maybe the small clippers, it gets pretty full!
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=120938
[/QUOTE]

Hmm, that could be a problem. Here comes the tape measure

#8 ·
Hi there! I have the smaller grooming table and I love love love it. Can you tell I love that thing? :D I went with the smaller one because of space constraints. It works perfectly for us. It has enough room for my baby, a comb and scissors. I don't blow dry Chloe so that's not an issue for us.
Here's a photo...
Table

#9 ·
Originally posted by CandicePK@Nov 19 2005, 09:06 AM
Hi there!  I have the smaller grooming table and I love love love it.  Can you tell I love that thing?  :D  I went with the smaller one because of space constraints.  It works perfectly for us.  It has enough room for my baby, a comb and scissors.  I don't blow dry Chloe so that's not an issue for us.
Here's a photo...
Table
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=121157
[/QUOTE]

I'm glad to hear you love yours because I think i've decided to go ahead with the smaller one too. I really only need room for the dog, a brush and comb, and the bands. I'm afraid to get one with too much room, Harley might be all over the place and doing laps on it

#10 ·
My grooming table is pretty big - I don't think it's the smallest size. I received it for my birthday so I didn't get to chose. I think all of them are relatively similiar. I am looking to get a ring side table ( http://www.petedge.com/jump.jsp?itemType=PRODUCT&itemID=459 ) since they are much smaller and more portable. I can't put away my grooming table so it is permantely out in my family room in front of the tv

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.