Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Wow - they are gorgeous! We just lost our 15 year old Kip and hope to get another Maltese in the future. So many breeders, it’s hard to know who to go to.
Paula1--so sorry for your loss. :(

Have you found other reputable breeders in the Northeast besides Melitica Maltese?

Thanks!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Paula1--so sorry for your loss. :(

Have you found other reputable breeders in the Northeast besides Melitica Maltese?

Thanks!
Just what is on the American Maltese Association website. These are all in Pennsylvania; we haven’t called anyone yet - we may wait a while to give more attention to our 15 year old papillon.

Breeder Referral by State
LEE BAKUCKAS
Email: [email protected]
Phone (Home): 215-379-5318
DAVID FITZPATRICK
Merri Maltese
Phone (Home): 717-586-0961
DEBBIE MARTIN
Villa Malta
Phone (Home): 412 798 4422
CAROL A. NETH
Phone (Home): 724-941-5117
BEVERLY QUILLIAM
Bevway Maltese
Phone (Home): 610-793-0315

·
Registered
32 Posts
Just picked up my new puppy from a breeder in Texas. All of his sires dams etc are online. He has a good reputation. That said I have had bad experiences with some top breeders who are too interested in the money. Also good lines can sometimes throw bad puppies. Take your lunch spend time with the puppy. Ask for video of parents. If you want a puppy now you will encounter social distancing. We exchanged money and puppy in a parking lot because we split the drive. Texas is big. However I have been in contact with these people for almost a year . Nothing is 100 % guaranteed and Covid has thrown another wrinkle in. However if you really want a pup, research and take the plunge.

·
Registered
4,397 Posts
I too am looking for a puppy . These are Crazy times ! But a perfect time for a puupy
I lost my Lola in January and I am still broken
Are you having any luck?🙏🏻
I think you meant to quote someone else--I am not looking for a puppy. But I do like to browse breeder websites to see what is available. Adura, Avante, and Diamond have puppies now or soon.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi I am new to this forum but have already learned so much from all of you. My question is, have you heard of Rhonda Stone from Bear Delaware? She’s listed on AKC. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hello All, This is my first post and I hope that you can help me. This seems like a caring group. We have recently lost our Bichon at the age of 14. We would very much like our next dog to be a Maltese. We live in Massachusetts but are looking all over the New England area. I really have no idea where to begin. I've read so many positive, then negative reviews of different breeders online and I'm completely lost. We are looking for a healthy, affectionate dog to love, not to show. Any help you could give with area breeders would be greatly appreciated. This is such a crazy time and I realize from speaking with Dina Hunter in CT that if I were to get one of her puppies, I would not get to meet Dina or the puppy's Sire or Dam in person. I would not be able to go in the house. Dina said she would leave the puppy in a playpen outside the house for me to pick-up and I would leave her payment. This is a very nerve-wracking way to get a new puppy.
Hello, I am new in the group but in respond to your question about getting a puppy during the pandemic is really difficult but I also lost my Bichon during Thanksgiving 2019 so I decided to get a Maltese in late March 2020 I was lucky in getting a precious one but I did saw videos of the pupps and also did facetime to be able to choose the one I wanted. Late on I traveled 10 hours to get her. I guess a good research about the breeder and talking to owners of old litters is very important...

·
Registered
2 Posts

·
Super Moderator
10,271 Posts
Welcome to the group. If you read through the Breeders forum you'll see that we DO NOT support those who intentionally mix breeds; Maltese mixes are not breeds but are "designer dogs" put together to intentionally make money. That is not a practice of a responsible, reputable breeder. I've not looked for her information but the fact that she advertises on a "morkie" site is a huge red flag.

FYI, AKC registration by itself is NOT a sign of a responsible, ethical breeder. Anyone able to document their dog's genealogy can register their pups on AKC. AMA (American Maltese Association) is a far better indication of whether someone is truly breeding to better the Maltese breed and produce dogs according to breed standard.

Good luck in your search.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts