Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know of Any good breeders where I can get a male Maltese puppy in NYC .doing my research and finding alot of puppy mills that I really want to stay clear of. Just recently lost my 3 month old Maltese to heart failure due to a grade 5.5 heart murmur and looking for another puppy to try to fill the void left in hour home and hearts.

·
Premium Member
4,225 Posts

·
Registered
3,899 Posts
I'm so sorry about your puppy. I understand how important it is to you after what you've been through to get a healthy puppy.

There are no reputable breeders in NYC. If you want a puppy closeby, there is:

Chrisman Maltese in PA (you might PM members Snowbody or Mom2Bijou)
Josymir Maltese in PA
Beverly Quilliam in PA

If you are willing to go far, I would recommend Shinemore in Korea. I have had my fluff from Shinemore for a year, and she is just the absolute sweetest and is so robust healthwise. She never seems to have even a remotely off day. (KNOCK ON WOOD.)

Good luck!!!

·
Premium Member
20,078 Posts
I'm so sorry about your puppy. I understand how important it is to you after what you've been through to get a healthy puppy.

There are no reputable breeders in NYC. If you want a puppy closeby, there is:

Chrisman Maltese in PA (you might PM members Snowbody or Mom2Bijou)
Josymir Maltese in PA
Beverly Quilliam in PA

If you are willing to go far, I would recommend Shinemore in Korea. I have had my fluff from Shinemore for a year, and she is just the absolute sweetest and is so robust healthwise. She never seems to have even a remotely off day. (KNOCK ON WOOD.)

Good luck!!!

:thumbsup:I agree...locally you might want to check out:
Chrisman Maltese in PA
Josymir Maltese in PA
Beverly Quilliam in PA

·
Premium Member
24,033 Posts
I'm so sorry about your loss. So heartbreaking. Happy that you came here and are steering clear of puppy mills and pet shops. Sophia mentioned a few breeders. If you check the AMA list you'll find some others. I think that Bevway was one. I don't think she has a website but I seem to recall her showing at Nationals in Atlanta. If you do want to go the adoption route there's Metropolitan Maltese Rescue: Metropolitan Maltese Rescue and another rescue that often gets Maltese: Welcome to Shih Tzus & Furbabies, Shih Tzu & Furbaby Rescue is dedicated to rescue, rehabilitaton and rehoming of toy breed dogs Hope we can help you. Look around the site here. There is a post "where did you get your Maltese from" and you can always PM someone to ask more info.

·
Registered
3,899 Posts
I forgot to say, please do not buy without a bile acid test.

And also, Bev of Bevway Maltese told me that she offers lifetime congenital guarantee. Which I have never heard of from any other breeder. But, still get the bile acid test before purchasing.

Good luck! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
294 Posts
I am so sorry for your loss of your sweet Powder. I also came here after the loss of my young baby & was very fortunate to get educated, learn & find another baby who warmed my heart again. Good luck with your search, there is a wealth of excellent information here.

·
Registered
2,900 Posts
im so sorry for your loss!! Powder was a cutie pie!! I wish you best of luck..i am sure you will find your next perfect baby..hope to see you around SM!!

·
Premium Member
17,343 Posts
So sorry for your loss. Powder was soooooooo adorable and I know that you heart must be aching for him. Please do talk to the reputable breeders that have been mentioned and go to the 2 lists that Tina provided. Be patient and willing to wait for just the right new fluff.

Good luck in your search.

·
Premium Member
24,033 Posts
Powder was adorable. Just wanted to mention that I got Tyler when he was 8 months old so still a puppy but not a really young one. He knock on wood is healthy and happy and much of the training was done already. Just saying that because often breeders hold pups for show and if they aren't quite show material they are then sold as pets. I love having a "teenager." Good luck and keep us posted.

·
Registered
236 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
I got Pepper through Shih Tzus& Furbabies Rescue. He is the best thing that ever happened to me.

The folks at the rescue really ask pertinent questions and found the dog that was perfect for me. I can't recommend them enough.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.