Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi, guys. I'm looking for winter jackets for the girls. I would like to find out that has the D hook sewn into it. Anyone know of any where I can get some cute ones. I would like to find some that are less than $20 a piece.

Thanks for you help!

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
I just got cute sweatshirts for Brinkey and Neyland at Barkingdogclothes.. I think my total was 18.00 for both with my SM discount. That was with a leash hook added. She had several items for winter. I just took one I liked and adapted it to what I wanted on it. She is rally nice and easy to work with. I remember there was some darling girl stuff on her site.

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I will look there. I was hoping to fine something that is easy to put on and take off. So maybe something that velcroed (sp bad
) across the belly.

·
Registered
5,656 Posts
I just got an e-mail that JB Wholesale is having a sale on some of their clothing. I don't know if coats were included, but it may be worth a look.

J B Pet

·
Registered
6,614 Posts
To be honest with you... that is my BIGGEST compliant with these dog clothing manufacturers... they NEVER make the jackets with hooks for a leash!!! I have been looking EVERYWHERE because I know how popular it is! No luck so far... I will continue to look though! I am going to email my one manufacturers and suggest it! Maybe they will help me out and produce them! hehe... They love to accomidate me cause they wanna do well in the USA!
I'll keep everyone updated!

·
Registered
4,856 Posts
Take a look here...

http://stores.ebay.com/Chloes-Clothes-for-Little-Dogs

She gives SM a discount. I have ordered Paris a jacket/harness but haven't received it yet. I have ordered other things from her and they have been great. Her name on here is Chloeandj. If it doesn't come with a "d" ring on it she can add it.

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I did notice that you could add a fleece lining for $2. That might make it warm enought but that would definitly place it at the top of my price range but with the discount that would bring it down. Just not sure if light pink is a practical winter coat color for a little dog. LOL! I might see if she can do another color.

I'm also looking at some on Barkin Dog. Those are less but they don't have the D hook. Not sure if the velcor is strong enough to use the coat as a harness.

·
Registered
4,856 Posts
The jacket she is making for Paris has the fleece inside. It should be plenty warm for us. I have two vests that have the velcro and d ring. The velcro held really well and Paris loves to run as far as the leash allows. We had no problems.

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Cool! Thanks. Last winter Lexi didn't stay out very long. We would just run out for potty breaks. My thing is I just want something that is going to be easy to take on and off. Last night the girls got me up at 1:30 to take them out (the snow has them all screwed up). I didn't feel like having put their sweatshirt/jacket on and then then harness so we did just the harness. I would love to have a harness that is their jaket that I can just put on them quickly.

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Originally posted by Lexi's Mom@Nov 16 2005, 11:32 AM
I did notice that you could add a fleece lining for $2.  That might make it warm enought but that would definitly place it at the top of my price range but with the discount that would bring it down.  Just not sure if light pink is a practical winter coat color for a little dog.  LOL!  I might see if she can do another color.

I'm also looking at some on Barkin Dog.  Those are less but they don't have the D hook.  Not sure if the velcor is strong enough to use the coat as a harness.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=120170
[/QUOTE]

Rena will add a leash hook...just ask her...

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Now I'm wondering if I should just get a 4 legged jogger or something with a D hook. LOL! I'm so confused!

Too many choices!

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
You should PM Jodi and talk to her about it. I'm sure she will work with you and find something you'll love. I have two things from her and they are so well made. I had her add a hook to Phoebe's minnie costume, no problem, so I don't see a problem at all with finding something you like that serves its purpose

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Ok, I need help. I've decided to go with Barkin Dog and to go with the 4 legged jogger. Now I need to decide on which one and a fabric. I want to it to be warm.

I thought this was cute: Pink grey jogger suit

Supergirl-jogger w/Leash Hook

From the fabric page I like:

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I haven't decided if I would get matching or just cordinating ones. Right now I'm just thinking cordinating ones. That would make it easier for other people (babysitters and my parents) to figure out which ones goes with which girl. LOL

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Originally posted by Lexi's Mom@Nov 16 2005, 12:15 PM
I haven't decided if I would get matching or just cordinating ones.  Right now I'm just thinking cordinating ones.  That would make it easier for other people (babysitters and my parents) to figure out which ones goes with which girl. LOL
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=120195
[/QUOTE]

You could get the top one (it looks really comfy!) and have her embroider their names.
That is what she did for me.
Can't wait to get mine!

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Originally posted by tlunn@Nov 16 2005, 12:24 PM
You could get the top one (it looks really comfy!) and have her embroider their names.
That is what she did for me.
Can't wait to get mine!

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=120198
[/QUOTE]
GOOD IDEA!!!

Do you think the light color would be a problem in the winter?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts