Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone. Hope all is well. i have been away for a bit. missed everyone. guess i have a lot of reading to get current with the posts. Opinion question for you;
I need a couple carriers for Miss Dixie. One designed as a hands free, outdoor, doesn't matter if she is seen carrier. i have looked at the puppy purses [don't know if they would be comfy for dixie as she really couldn't nap in one. no head support.] And this
http://store.yahoo.com/pet-guys/-700603005880.html

Then my second carrier would be a nice one that didn't look like a carrier. it should be more of a purse so i can
sneak her in to places if need be :eek:
i have tried looking at e luxury for gucci or L. Vuitton thinking they would look and wear like a purse and be less noticable BUT......the only bag i find there is LV and cost 1,600.00!!!!!! Just try and talk hubby into that one
No chance.

Do you have any in put on these, or favorites you care to reccomend? i definetly don't want one that is styled after a diaper bag ie: pink gingham with bows, etc.

Thanks everyone. can't wait to catch up...

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
Celltei makes one, called Pet-on-the-Go, that has a strap that goes across the chest that would work well for the "hands free" style you're looking for. I believe some people here on SM have that one. http://celltei.com/petonthego.html

I'm glad you're back on SM.... I was wondering where you were!!

EDIT: Regarding the one you linked to..... I don't like that type too much. If you want to strap him to your chest, I like the kind that has a place for the legs and arms. I've used those for K & C and they love it. I could take a picture of mine if you'd like me to.

·
Premium Member
949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Originally posted by Kallie/Catcher's Mom@Sep 8 2005, 12:22 PM
Celltei makes one, called Pet-on-the-Go, that has a strap that goes across the chest that would work well for the "hands free" style you're looking for. I believe some people here on SM have that one. http://celltei.com/petonthego.html

EDIT: Regarding the one you linked to..... I don't like that type too much. If you want to strap him to your chest, I like the kind that has a place for the legs and arms. I've used those for K & C and they love it. I could take a picture of mine if you'd like me to.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=97818
[/QUOTE]
Oh, thanks. Where did you find yours? This is just the kind of in put I need.

Ps. I Sure missed talking to everyone!!!

·
Premium Member
949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Originally posted by Fach+Sep 8 2005, 12:38 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-Kallie/Catcher's Mom
@Sep 8 2005, 12:22 PM

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=97825
[/B][/QUOTE]
and what do you think of the puppy purse? I guess when my little princess wants to nap I could have her lay her head on my arm. i still would have all her weight on my arm. This style appealed to me b/c it would be cooler in warm weather.

·
Registered
17,659 Posts
I have the Pet-a-roo carrier you posted the link to and I like it. It's a personal preference, I'm sure, but I think the ones where their arms and legs are sticking out look weird/uncomfortable, like the puppy purses. The other thing that is nice about the Pet-a-roo is that they can lie down in it. Lady gets frequent nap attacks, so that is a plus for her!

·
Premium Member
949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Originally posted by LadysMom@Sep 8 2005, 12:43 PM
I have the Pet-a-roo carrier you posted the link to and I like it. It's a personal preference, I'm sure, but I think the ones where their arms and legs are sticking out look weird/uncomfortable, like the puppy purses. The other thing that is nice about the Pet-a-roo is that they can lie down in it. Lady gets frequent nap attacks, so that is a plus for her!
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=97827
[/QUOTE]
Thanks. I will check out the bows too
I kind of gave up on bows as miss dixie won't cooperate with wearing them. The little stinker....

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
Originally posted by Fach+Sep 8 2005, 01:38 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-Kallie/Catcher's Mom
@Sep 8 2005, 12:22 PM

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=97825
[/B][/QUOTE]

There is a thread or two here on SM about Puppy Purses:
Puppy Purse Thread

Puppy Purse Thread #2

The front "chest carrier" I got at a local pet boutique. K & C go crazy if I take it out. They just love it. I guess they love it because they are very close to me in it and they can see things at my level. It works better for girls than boys because it can possibly irritate a girl's private area. Mine offers a lot of support and they would often fall asleep in it.

·
Registered
5,656 Posts
I have a Puppy Purse and LOVE IT, LOVE IT, LOVE IT!

There have been some concerns as to whether or not it is uncomfortable for your baby. All I can say is that Toby is fine in his and loves it! He is not uncomfortable (trust me, he would let me know) and there is not too much pressure put on his chest (I know that was a concern in a previous thread). I can't say enough great things about it. In many ways, I like this carrier better than a regular carrier. It is less bulky (with some of the others, when I go into a store, I feel that I am going to knock everything over) and there is no weight to it. It weights what your baby weighs. Also, your baby won't get as hot in it since s/he will be out in the open. We go to a lot of farmer's markets during the summer and Toby loves just hanging out in his (pardon the pun).

I have seen many people "bashing" this type of carrier, but no one, other than myself, owns one, at least that I am aware of. How can you bash something if you haven't tried it?

Here is a photo of Toby in his the day I got it (it is the "Country Boy Blue"). He is upset because we stopped walking to take the picture.

·
Premium Member
949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Originally posted by Nichole@Sep 8 2005, 01:18 PM
I have a Puppy Purse and LOVE IT, LOVE IT, LOVE IT! 

There have been some concerns as to whether or not it is uncomfortable for your baby.  All I can say is that Toby is fine in his and loves it!  He is not uncomfortable (trust me, he would let me know) and there is not too much pressure put on his chest (I know that was a concern in a previous thread).  I can't say enough great things about it.  In many ways, I like this carrier better than a regular carrier.  It is less bulky (with some of the others, when I go into a store, I feel that I am going to knock everything over) and there is no weight to it.  It weights what your baby weighs.  Also, your baby won't get as hot in it since s/he will be out in the open.  We go to a lot of farmer's markets during the summer and Toby loves just hanging out in his (pardon the pun). 

I have seen many people "bashing" this type of carrier, but no one, other than myself, owns one, at least that I am aware of.  How can you bash something if you haven't tried it?   

Here is a photo of Toby in his the day I got it (it is the "Country Boy Blue").  He is upset because we stopped walking to take the picture. 

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=97838
[/QUOTE]
He looks so cute!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
I have been thinking off and on about getting a celtei bag. I just worry that it still looks like a doggy bag instead of a purse (as my juicy passes for). I will probably just get one but I am not sure if I should get their lighter versions of the bags, tote-o-pet or pack-o-pet. Or maybe I should get something unisex that looks like a messanger bag since my husband complains about carrying the juicy bag :new_Eyecrazy: .

·
Registered
2,801 Posts
I have the Coach dog carrier, I love it but then again I'm a Coach fanatic. It does look like a carrier and I don't think it can be passed off as a purse but its roomy and very sturdy. I got mine on Ebay last winter and just checked and there is one on there now, here's the link Coach Dog Carrier

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
Originally posted by mimi2@Sep 8 2005, 10:18 PM
I have the Coach dog carrier, I love it but then again I'm a Coach fanatic.  It does look like a carrier and I don't think it can be passed off as a purse but its roomy and very sturdy.  I got mine on Ebay last winter and just checked and there is one on there now, here's the link  Coach Dog Carrier
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=97962
[/QUOTE]

Oh, that one is adorable!!!! Here's a couple pictures:

·
Premium Member
949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Originally posted by Kallie/Catcher's Mom+Sep 9 2005, 06:42 AM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-mimi2
@Sep 8 2005, 10:18 PM
I have the Coach dog carrier, I love it but then again I'm a Coach fanatic.  It does look like a carrier and I don't think it can be passed off as a purse but its roomy and very sturdy.  I got mine on Ebay last winter and just checked and there is one on there now, here's the link  Coach Dog Carrier
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=97995
[/B][/QUOTE]
Wow, lots of great ideas. i love coach too. And love the look of this bag, but worry its not the real thing. i did log onto the coach site, but they dont offer any bags at this time. Which is why i worry if this one is real or not. Hmmmmmm

·
Premium Member
949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Originally posted by Fach+Sep 9 2005, 07:59 AM-->
Originally posted by Kallie/Catcher's [email protected] 9 2005, 06:42 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-mimi2

[/QUOTE]
Wow, lots of great ideas. i love coach too. And love the look of this bag, but worry its not the real thing. i did log onto the coach site, but they dont offer any bags at this time. Which is why i worry if this one is real or not. Hmmmmmm
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=98008
[/B][/QUOTE]
ok, so i love this one for a carrier that looks like a purse. I just think it looks so small. I'm not used to toy breeds. Always had bigger dogs. Dixie is 6 months and 3.5 lbs. Do you think this will be comfy for her? http://www.saksfifthavenue.com/main/Produc...D=1126270994052

·
Registered
2,801 Posts
Originally posted by Fach+Sep 9 2005, 06:59 AM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-mimi2

[/QUOTE]
[/B][/QUOTE]

Mine is authentic, it was a limited edition item, only a few hundred made. I took mine into the Coach store and they confirmed it for me. Mine came with the original receipt, tags, and sleeper bag. Plus, if you sign up for PayPal they have a money back guarantee if you can prove its fake. I got my money back on a fake Louis Vuitton I bought from a seller that said it was authentic.

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
Originally posted by mimi2+Sep 9 2005, 10:51 AM-->
Originally posted by [email protected] 9 2005, 06:59 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-mimi2

Mine is authentic, it was a limited edition item, only a few hundred made. I took mine into the Coach store and they confirmed it for me. Mine came with the original receipt, tags, and sleeper bag. Plus, if you sign up for PayPal they have a money back guarantee if you can prove its fake. I got my money back on a fake Louis Vuitton I bought from a seller that said it was authentic.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=98088
[/B][/QUOTE]

I hope its not rude to ask but I am just dying to know. How much did you end up paying for it? I love the bag!!

·
Registered
2,801 Posts
Originally posted by okw+Sep 9 2005, 11:53 AM-->
Originally posted by [email protected] 9 2005, 10:51 AM
Originally posted by [email protected] 9 2005, 06:59 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-mimi2

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=98088
[/QUOTE]

I hope its not rude to ask but I am just dying to know. How much did you end up paying for it? I love the bag!!
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=98090
[/B][/QUOTE]

A ridiculous amount!!! $490....but as I said I am a Coach fanatic and its the only carrier I'll ever own and if a problem should come up I can send it to Coach and they will fix it.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts