Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, guys need some help. My company is looking for a cool organization to donate to. Every holiday season we collect donations from employees to go towards the CEO's gift. We usually get him a small gift and then donate the rest in his name to an organization. In the past we have done Doctors Without Borders and Heifer International. We are trying to come up with some new ones to consider for this year. Anyone know of a cool organization?

·
Registered
451 Posts
I know of PHA association you could tell them the money is for research or just for the association itself since it is a non profit one. This organization is for pulmonary hypertension persons, it was made by 4 women and is still here. You can find more information about the disease at www.phassociation.org or www.phcentral.org they are both different sites, but same illness, btw i have this illness. Thanks let me know who you guys pick.

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Here is the list we have so far:
1) Doctors Without Borders
2) Heifer International
3) Make A Wish Foundation (my favorite; my mom was the co-chair of the Dubuque, IA chapter for years)
4) Red Cross or another Hurricane victim fund
5) Des Moines, IA Public Library- You can "purchase" a square foot of for $20. The idea would be to purchase like 100 square feet or something like that

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
This may not be relevant enough but the North Carolina State Veterinary Teaching College has a "buy a brick" fundraiser. You pay $250 for a brick in honor of someone and the info is engraved on to the brick, which is used to pave the walkways. I donated to this several years ago but I believe now they have a program where they give you a brick to match the one they will use there. This probably is more than $250. My vet's office has one of those bricks for their donation and it is a neat memento to have... But since North Carolina is so far away from Iowa it may not be the best idea! But just a thought since you were looking for something "cool" ! You could put "In Honor of _____ ______ From His Employees" on his brick.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts