Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've come to this site because I'm looking for my third Maltese. My last pup, Gracie, died during a seizure at the end of August. I've struggled with some severe health issues this year, but am finally getting on my feet. Since getting Gracie in 2012, it seems that Maltese puppies are getting harder to find and the adoption fees have skyrocketed. Even some rescues approach $1000.

I am a retired RN/MSW living on a fixed income. I'm active, well educated and the parent of 3 adult children and four grandchildren. We are all dog lovers. I travel frequently and always take my pup. I'm lost without Gracie and feel I'm ready for a new best friend. I live in central Washington and am able to travel east to Montana or south to the bay area. Unfortunately, I cannot afford more than $1,000. I would love to have a puppy but would consider a retired breeder. If those of you on this forum can steer me in the right direction, I would greatly appreciate it. God bless you and our wonderful pups!!

·
Super Moderator
Walter & Casper with Lucky (forever in my heart).
10,048 Posts
I have a retiree. I got him after my heart dog passed away. They are wonderful dogs. It takes some work checking the websites of heritage breeders and writing them but it can work out. Also see if there are any dog shows near by and go and talk to the breeders there.

Good luck.

Reactions: edelweiss

·
Registered
2 Posts
I've come to this site because I'm looking for my third Maltese. My last pup, Gracie, died during a seizure at the end of August. I've struggled with some severe health issues this year, but am finally getting on my feet. Since getting Gracie in 2012, it seems that Maltese puppies are getting harder to find and the adoption fees have skyrocketed. Even some rescues approach $1000.

I am a retired RN/MSW living on a fixed income. I'm active, well educated and the parent of 3 adult children and four grandchildren. We are all dog lovers. I travel frequently and always take my pup. I'm lost without Gracie and feel I'm ready for a new best friend. I live in central Washington and am able to travel east to Montana or south to the bay area. Unfortunately, I cannot afford more than $1,000. I would love to have a puppy but would consider a retired breeder. If those of you on this forum can steer me in the right direction, I would greatly appreciate it. God bless you and our wonderful pups!!
I just found my Maltipoo at the Humane Society of all places!!! Because I am a senior, he was free!
It took many months going almost weekly to find one, but I lucked out! Keep looking at the shelters and breed rescues!

·
Premium Member
Sandi-- w/Kitzel (Kitzi) & Lisel (Lisi)
17,941 Posts
If you are on FB look at this group:
MALTESE SHOW BREEDERS PUPPY AND RETIREE AVAILABILITY GROUP (USA ONLY)

You first have to join the group.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts