Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The last time I had Sophie groomed, I really liked the cut with one exception. I am not loving how her "beard" hair hangs and almost seems to curve outward...hard to explain. Anyway, so many of you guys do such lovely jobs on your kiddo's that I was wondering if there are any tips or tricks you could recommend. I don't know if it is best to cut strainght across or hold sections more up and down blending as you go. Eeek, I am afraid I will really mess her up good! :w00t: Also, I was wondering about the hair on their ears. Do most of you just cut that straight across? It looks like hers are a little bit blended in...

Sophie says: Pwease my dear Awnties do nut wet my mommers makes me wook wike a cwazy bad herr day gurl.:OMG!:

·
Registered
9,288 Posts
You can either do a rounded chin into the ears or the straight across "bob". Regardless of which you choose, I cut the front layer to where I want it and then trim the layers under a touch shorter. For some cuts a very blunt face can be quite cute as well. I do the beard/mustache first and then the head and ear parts to match. Blend the head/face into the chest/neck.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts