Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Sm-ers!!

Milo made it to NY safe and sound! He's been such a good little pup re-adapting himself to our new work schedules that we are going to buy him a brand new collar as a present! Hooray!

He's still using his collar that came with him from the rescue. It's not a very comfortable one so we rarely used it - we put him on a harness for walks. However, now that we have a dog walker come in, I'd like to have him wear a collar and tag at all times. (even though he's micro-chipped I don't want to take any chances!)

Could anyone recommend a very nice and comfy collar for him? He doesn't matte easily so we are not concerned about that - we just want him to be as comfortable as possible with his new attire !

Thank you so much!!!

-carol & milo :wub:

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
haha! aww thanks!! he's quite the snuggler!

Awww. he's adorable! I have no recommendations for you but just wanted to comment on the photo.

·
Premium Member
1,959 Posts
K9closet.com sells a wide variety of collars and harness' including satin collars and harness'. I just oredered a hot pink satin harness for Sophie. They are custom made so take a little longer than some places but they do come highly recommended.

·
Premium Member
227 Posts
Hello Sm-ers!!

Milo made it to NY safe and sound! He's been such a good little pup re-adapting himself to our new work schedules that we are going to buy him a brand new collar as a present! Hooray!

He's still using his collar that came with him from the rescue. It's not a very comfortable one so we rarely used it - we put him on a harness for walks. However, now that we have a dog walker come in, I'd like to have him wear a collar and tag at all times. (even though he's micro-chipped I don't want to take any chances!)

Could anyone recommend a very nice and comfy collar for him? He doesn't matte easily so we are not concerned about that - we just want him to be as comfortable as possible with his new attire !

Thank you so much!!!

Precious. What a lucky little boy!

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
Hello Sm-ers!!
What a cutie pie!! Bonnet starts obedience class next week and needs a flat collar. She is still in coat and I'd like to avoid coat breakage so I'm making a little padded satin tube to slip onto the collar. That might work for your little one. Otherwise you could try a lightweight puppy collar.

·
Premium Member
6,469 Posts
Hunter uses collars from a company in Rhode Island that we love called UpCountry (upcountryinc.com). He wears a collar and tags every single day and we only take it off at night (then it goes on the nightstand - its never far away). We haven't had any trouble with these collars, they ship really fast (are often kept in stock at many boutiques in New England) and have great options for male dogs (that's why Hunter loves them so much)!

·
Premium Member
17,449 Posts
What a lucky little fella' to find a mom like you! I wish you many happy, happy days together and a sweet life's journey! Enjoy each other. (sorry nothing about a collar!)
Hugs from Kitzel!:heart:
PS: very cute little guy

·
Premium Member
5,462 Posts
My girls have a collar called "knot a just" by outward hound and I bought them for their comfort.
My Milo doesn't wear a collar because he's in full coat but if I put him in a puppy cut that is the collar I would get.

·
Premium Member
6,086 Posts
My girls have all kinds of collars but the collars that I think are most comfy for them are the ribbon collars. They can be worn with a long or short coat and do not cause matting at all. I think they work better than the nylon. Mine wear them strictly for ID and "bling" as we use harnesses for walking. I have ordered collars from http://www.theartfulgroomer.com but there are other vendors out there that carry the ribbon collars. Some are quite lovely, especially the embroidered ribbon. Your baby is adorable, btw.:wub:

·
Registered
590 Posts
i highly recommend tickled pink's collars too. i've bought a few from her and what i really love about them is that they're extremely safe.

they have that clasp that will open up if you give a little tug, so you never have to worry about your little fluff getting caught/choking. she also has great designs! :)

i have this dog tag in the small and i love it

Stainless Steel Enamel Dog ID Tags

·
Registered
106 Posts
For tag's and those just in case as when we travel Max wears a rolled leather one lessen hair breakage and it just well more comfy. If you get a nice harness leather one it will be very smooth to the touch and very subtle

1 - 16 of 16 Posts