Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone.

My puppy has really really hard stool at the moment. What can I give her to loosen it?

I'm a little worried that she maybe isn't drinking enough water - how can I encourage her to?

I would like to try a couple of things before taking her to the vet (althought naturally I would if I felt her health was in real danger) as I am out of work ill at the moment.

I am about to go to the store and buy some pumpkin baby food and was considering even getting a syringe and feeding her water through it at different intervals....????

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
yep pumkin works. I always keep a can handy. chester loves it. I only give him one tea spoon . It does the trick. I would still call your vet to make sure noting else is going on. What you can do to make sure she is drinking water is put in the the crate or gated area. I notice with chester he will play , play follow us around and not eat or drink. so we put it in his crate to make sure he eats.

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
you can try baby food squash...and the baby food has water in it. or you can feed her and add some water in it. you're on a homecooked diet, right? well, maybe add a little of the water that you cook the chicken in.

i hope she doesnt have anymore hard poopies

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
These are fantastic ideas! Thank you so much!

I've now given Abby some canned food (about a teaspoon), and I realised that I had ordered some live culture yoghurt in my groceries this week. They arrived this afternoon, so I gave her a little of that too. Hopefully these will work

I'm also going to try the ice-cube thing. I'm not sure how she'll respond to it, but it's well worth a try!

I'll keep you posted on how it works... I felt so bad when I saw her this morning

1 - 4 of 4 Posts