Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 20 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey! I'm not really sure of everyone that lives in or near the los angeles area:

i remember:

MEE
Elegant
Lani
OurPrettyTessa
Maltlover

and then i go blank. lol.

anyway, i'd like to hold a maltese meetup on 5/27, 5/28, or 5/29. at around 11am-ish. AND.....i know its a little selfish/lazy---but i'd like to have it at my house. lol.
and then i was thinking that all the dogs can get to know eachother and maybe go to the park near my house.

I HOPE you all can make it!!!
I'll PM everyone listed with my address and a link to this thread. if you live in los angeles or near it....PM ME!!!

OH!!! and i wanted to add that its not just maltese. bring your other dogs too!! i know that elegant has that beagle(right?) and lani has a weimeriner and ourprettytessa has that rottweiler (that i want) and i think maltlover said that she had chihuahuas....so EVERYONE is invited!!!

·
Registered
226 Posts
hi doctorcathy! i just PMed you but i wanted to tell you how happy i was to hear that you were having a meetup. we hope to make it. thank you for inviting morgan, i can't go out of town without her!!! i know some people think rotties are intimidating but please don't worry, she is the sweetest and most gentle dog you will ever meet!!!

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
argh!

maltese meet up sounds great!!! but i have class from 2pm every fridays, i have a morning saturday class this term, and on sundays i go to church

if i finish my homework early i think i can only make it on friday morning, but i would have to leave early..

also saturday afternoons is good for me coz i have class until 1pm every saturdays

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
I actually live in Los Angeles and I am not on your list! Anyways, I don't think we can make it though
because Miko is not supposed to run, play or have any activities for another month (until end of June) by which time I am moving back to Nashville

·
Registered
755 Posts
I already pmed cathy and elegant but I can only make it on sat or sun. Sat afternoon works the best for me!

okw,

u can still come with miko. just keep him with u and make sure he doesn't run. He can always sit on mommy's lap.

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
okw I'M SOOO SORRY!!!

I PMed you and a2z about the meetup
and i hope you guys can make it.

Saturday (5/28) afternoon is GREAT! we should meetup at around 1 or 2pm. i dont want to make it too late...so that there's daylight time for all of them to play and stuff.

and OKW---we would soo want to meet you before you went to nashville. please come, and do what lani said--keep her on your lap.

AND i'm soooo excited. i was trying to tell cynthia who's coming. we're really happy. cynthia already decided that she wants to make her cinna-chips and quesadillas. lol.

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Originally posted by ourprettytessa@May 13 2005, 09:16 PM
hi doctorcathy! i just PMed you but i wanted to tell you how happy i was to hear that you were having a meetup. we hope to make it. thank you for inviting morgan, i can't go out of town without her!!! i know some people think rotties are intimidating but please don't worry, she is the sweetest and most gentle dog you will ever meet!!!
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=62279
[/QUOTE]

honestly, the only dog i'm worried about is gruffi.
i'm hoping morgan will tire gruffi out...and if he acts up---then hopefully she'll correct him. lol. thats why i like the older dogs at the park...they correct gruffi and keeps him in line.

oh...and sprite--she barks a lot. she's annoying. so i'm hoping she'll be good.

and ellie--she wants to be alpha all the time. and if she cant---then she'll growl and she doesn't bite...but she mouths until the dog submits.

BUT DONT LET THIS SCARE YOU ALL FROM COMING HERE!!! lol. they're pretty good...i promise. ask MEE.

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Originally posted by doctorcathy@May 14 2005, 10:45 AM
BUT DONT LET THIS SCARE YOU ALL FROM COMING HERE!!!  lol.  they're pretty good...i promise.  ask MEE. 

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=62320
[/QUOTE]

yup!

EVERYBODY PLEASE COME! it'll be so fun with more doggies, the park is HUGE and soooo greeny with grass, they have so much room to run around

if u would like to see the other pics i posted a few weeks ago

HERE

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Oh! I am sooo jealous, I can't stand it! All those cute furbabies in one place.....what a riot that's going to be. Sigh.......

I keep trying to find Malt-people in San Antonio but the ones I've met I've invited to SM but so far they haven't shown up. Do ya think I may be too eager?

You all are going to have a great time...

·
Registered
942 Posts
Hey there...I emailed Lani and Doctorcathy back...I will definitely give it a shot. I am so tired and drained. I have lots of things to do for school, etc. But I will try my bestest (meant to misspell it!
).

Thanks for the PM's!

~Elegant

·
Registered
422 Posts
DrCathy:
Zoey and I (both!) got bitten a week ago at our local Petsmart. Zoey is all better and still loves dogs and people, but I am leary of other dogs right now. It was just horrifying, the worst thing that's ever happened to me in my lifetime (very very long-haha). So anyway, we are staying quiet for now, just getting over things emotionally...
Hope everybody gets to come and you have so much fun and take a lot of pics to share. Sorry to miss it,
Ann
Is there a Motel6 or something near by? Maybe the next time I can just go for the weekend instead of doing the long drive in one day.

·
Registered
608 Posts
Slightly on and off subject. For those of us in the midwest the Northcentral meetup is almost full. I spoke w/ Mary last week and there were only a few spots left. It sounds like a good time w/ lots of goodies.

Ok I lied. I just looked to get the address and they are already sold out.

·
Registered
115 Posts
That sounds like so much fun but i cant make it, im going out of town Memorial weekend Havasu
definitly let me know when the next meetup will be.

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
a2z....that is sooo scary! what kind of dog bit you guys? i can say...thank god---gruffi has never bit another dog. and..he's never bit a person. lol.

jeanette---havasu is tooooo hot!!! i went there like 6 yrs ago on a free weekend (i had to listen to a 1 hour thingy about timeshares) and it was SOO hot!

so most of the time we just went to the movie theatre and watched movies. lol

·
Registered
115 Posts
Originally posted by doctorcathy@May 16 2005, 06:23 PM
a2z....that is sooo scary!  what kind of dog bit you guys?  i can say...thank god---gruffi has never bit another dog.  and..he's never bit a person.  lol. 

jeanette---havasu is tooooo hot!!!  i went there like 6 yrs ago on a free weekend (i had to listen to a 1 hour thingy about timeshares) and it was SOO hot! 

so most of the time we just went to the movie theatre and watched movies.  lol
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=62668
[/QUOTE]

I know what you mean, its very hot but its all good when your on the lake.
(we just bought a boat)

·
Registered
755 Posts
Originally posted by a2z@May 16 2005, 07:17 AM
DrCathy:
Zoey and I (both!) got bitten a week ago at our local Petsmart. Zoey is all better and still loves dogs and people, but I am leary of other dogs right now. It was just horrifying, the worst thing that's ever happened to me in my lifetime (very very long-haha). So anyway, we are staying quiet for now, just getting over things emotionally...
Hope everybody gets to come and you have so much fun and take a lot of pics to share. Sorry to miss it,
Ann
Is there a Motel6 or something near by? Maybe the next time I can just go for the weekend instead of doing the long drive in one day.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=62559
[/QUOTE]

OMG! Are u ok? How did it happen? I hope you and Zoey will feel better.... So scary.

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Originally posted by a2z@May 16 2005, 09:17 AM
DrCathy:
Ann
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=62559
[/QUOTE]

:eek: Oh, that is awful! I hope you and Zoey are ok!

What happened?!

·
Registered
422 Posts
Hi all,
It was supposed to be a fox terrier mix, but about twice as large as a 'real' fox terrier. He just couldn't let go of Zoey until a large man came and picked him up. A little girl was holding the leash and he dragged her along and she watched--we were both screaming. Zoey has drag marks on her rump and I have teeth marks and a cut on my right forearm and 3 fingers of my right hand. I was holding Zoey under the chest so he couldn't get to her throat so he bit me. Also my left calf. Don't know when that happened.
The worst thing is Petsmart let these people leave after filling out a form, giving a fake name, addr and phone no. What is that teaching that little girl....
Thanks for your concern. Zoey seems to be fine now. And I will survive. Just get nervous around other dogs. Hopefully I will get over that, but will probably be overcautious from now on!
I really want to see DoctorCathy (my daughter's name is Kathy with a 'K') and the rest of you one of these days,
Have fun and put pics on our SM,
Ann

1 - 20 of 79 Posts